Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

stock banshee vs stock kfx 400

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock banshee vs stock kfx 400

Guys stop being mean to craZ400 or you will make him cry...

weight, and wind resistance has little to do with top speed
That has to be one of the most ignorant statement i have ever read on these boards...Listen kid there is a reason why they dont use Mack trucks when trying to establish new speed records,wind resistance will greatly effect the RPMs you are going to be able to hit while trying to reach greater top speeds.Dont beleive me then bolt a 4x8 sheet of plywood to the front of your stupid Z and see for yourself...

Old 07-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Imback
Guys stop being mean to craZ400 or you will make him cry...

weight, and wind resistance has little to do with top speed
That has to be one of the most ignorant statement i have ever read on these boards...Listen kid there is a reason why they dont use Mack trucks when trying to establish new speed records,wind resistance will greatly effect the RPMs you are going to be able to hit while trying to reach greater top speeds.Dont beleive me then bolt a 4x8 sheet of plywood to the front of your stupid Z and see for yourself...

I saw a video with a big truck (not a mack I think it was a Freightliner) with tons of horsepower. It was souped up so crazily. It was driving and doing burnouts and smokeshows.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: craZ400
I just went where that dumba$$ shee owner told me to go to figure it. Why come down on me, I didn't suggest the website. You guys are so freakin retarded that you can't even firgure out it was one of your own trying to be mr. smartguy to prove me wrong that brought about the whole 75mph figure in the first place. And sorry, but my z stock would run 70-71, and I weigh 185 fully geared. Besides, I don't see a single person disagreeing that has a kfx or z in there sig. HP, weight, and wind resistance has little to do with top speed, just how fast you get there. If you're hitting the rev limiter, and don't have any tire spin, then that math is right on. A car turning x rpms in y gear will do z mph regardless of how many of your fat a$$es it's hauling around. Now if I couldn't hit rev limiter in 5th, then it might be a different story. Argue physics and math with someone who isn't going to school for engineering, then you might sound like you know what you're talking about. Can anybody even tell me what the formula for figuring volocity is without a google search?
speed= distance / time
force= mass x acceleration
horsepower= torque x rpm / 5252
displacement= 1/2bore x 1/2bore x stroke x pi x number of cylinders
craZ400= the result of some cousin lovin

craZ400's response to this post
priceless

Old 07-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: roosthrower
craZ400= the result of some cousin lovin
LOL

btw... i think the z has more HP than 28... i think its near 32. but still.. it wont hit 70 stock.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Have any of you even graduated highschool yet, let alone taken physics? Velocity= mass x speed in a given direction. And I'd llike to know the age and education level of the idiot calling me kid. If you're hitting 9000rpm's, then your not being affected by wind, weight, or anything else. Why is it so hard to understand. EXAMPLE: A Mack truck in first at 1500rpms goes 3mph let's say. Slap a 100,000lb. trailer on it, at 1500rpms, in 1st gear it is still doing 3mph. If it can hit the rpms in the gear, it'll hit the mph. Now if I could only get to 7000rpms in 5th, it would be a different story. Pull your head out of your a$$es, go to school tomorrow, and ask your physics teacher, and he'll tell you the same.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

that velocity formula isn't something you learn in college. i'm goin into tenth grade and learned all those formulas u were talkin about in a physical science class not physics.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Have any of you even graduated highschool yet, let alone taken physics? Velocity= mass x speed in a given direction. And I'd llike to know the age and education level of the idiot calling me kid. If you're hitting 9000rpm's, then your not being affected by wind, weight, or anything else. Why is it so hard to understand. EXAMPLE: A Mack truck in first at 1500rpms goes 3mph let's say. Slap a 100,000lb. trailer on it, at 1500rpms, in 1st gear it is still doing 3mph. If it can hit the rpms in the gear, it'll hit the mph. Now if I could only get to 7000rpms in 5th, it would be a different story. Pull your head out of your a$$es, go to school tomorrow, and ask your physics teacher, and he'll tell you the same.
if this is the case then why when i haul a trailer with my truck... it revs higher to go 80 mph that it normally does...
it needs the extra rpm to pull the extra weight and resistance.

Old 07-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Weight and wind resistance both limit an engine's ability to pull a higher rpm. The point is that if you put a 200 pound rider on a banshee and a 100 pound rider on a banshee, the banshee will go faster with the lighter rider. I used a banshee because it doesn't have a rev limitor. On a quad such as a z400 if the 200 pound rider can hit the limitor than the 100 pound person isn't going to go any faster. If the quad had another gear though and the 200 pound person couldn't hit the limitor in that gear, than the 100 pound person would go faster.

Old 07-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

And I'd llike to know the age and education level of the idiot calling me kid.
Not only are you a kid but a pretty stupid one, you will only get a few more MPH out of your Z with higher gearing before the engine can no longer hit its maximum rpm due to wind resistance and therefore you wont go any faster no matter the gearing...Once you reach that point there are only two options that will allow you to increase your top speed, either you make your Z more aerodynamically efficient and pick up a little more speed or you mod your engine to make more power.I have read a few of your posts and can tell you this kid, you sure like to talk out of your @ss...

Old 07-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

It all comes down to whether or not the weight added limits the vehicle from reching the RPM's it was able to reach before the weight was added. Just like crazyZ400 says, if the 300lb rider and 100lb rider are able to hit the same RPM in the same gear, they will be moving the EXACT same MPH! Now...this DOES NOT mean they will get there at the same time, as the 100lb rider would reach this max RPM much faster.

How about this, consider we are talking about 2nd gear on my Z, where any fat a$$ can get to the rev limiter. We'll take a 600lb woman, and a 50lb boy. Now who here will argue that when both are pegged at the rev limiter in 2nd gear that they won't be going the EXACT SAME SPEED!?? Same laws apply to fifth gear, it just comes down to the question if the quad has enough torque to take the heavier person to the same RPM's as it could the lighter person.

JMHO.

Quick Reply: stock banshee vs stock kfx 400