Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

whats faster than a raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats faster than a raptor?

i would have to say a quadzilla is way faster than a rappy. my friend has a quadzilla, and he always beats me on my rappy with all the mods i got on it.... and all he has a pipe, but then he has 18 inch rear tires, so that takes away his top end some. YES a DS is faster than a rappy in top end.... but how many of us actually care about beating somebody by a half a quad length.... chicks dont dig drag racing as much as they dig moto. A rappy will take a DS anyday on a track hands down.

Old 07-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Dude.. get out of the mud and get a shower. Chicks dig SAND!

Old 07-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

when my raptor was stock with a EBC clutch kit i put a 15 tooth front sprocket and a 38 rear i had a mustang behind me going down the road with balled stock rear tires running 98 and the only reason why i started to slow down was because of a turn i could feel it pickin up speed alittle before i let off but its really slow taking off

Old 07-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

no way I have a z400 yosh slip on I played with the carbs my self and a 15 tooth front sprocket. And I have not ment a rapter that could beat me. raced several z Is the wat to go.scott

Old 07-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Range Rover

banshee
agreed!!! BANSHEE

Old 07-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

top speed isnt very important to look for when buying a new quad unless you are strictly drag racing. i've ridden both quite a bit but never raced either one so i cant speak for actual times at the track, but personally on the trail i would rather have a z400 than a raptor if you must get a 4 stroke. the raptor's handling riding position suspension just any of the physical characteristics about it get a big F-. i cant speak for any times at the track but for trail riding, i dont see how anyone rides the 660.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Stock For Stock, A Quadzilla, DS650 are faster then the Raptor on Top End, But not by much. The Predator and Banshee are very close and can go either way. My Raptor was faster then the Shee when they both were Stock and my Raptor is also faster then my buddies Pred. I know for a fact a DS650 will not easily beat a Raptor either. I'm very close to all the DS650s I have raced even the baja x's. It depends on the rider but we even switch bikes and there neck and neck until top end which they ran a little faster.

Old 07-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

i dont see how anyone rides the 660.
come on...you hate them that bad huh?

must be something good about them, cause I see them all over the place [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

and for a $6000 price tag.....

guess all of us raptor owners are fools[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

and should of bought warriors or 400 ex's or z400's

Old 07-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: gogoquadzilla
but for trail riding, i dont see how anyone rides the 660.
dont take my quotes out of context. the rap can be modded up for a good drag racer as far as 4 strokes go, and maybe a good trail bike with a completely new suspension. but yes i do really hate stock ones that bad. i also didnt say anything about anyone being a fool and what i said is merely my expreinced opinion. by the way most of the people ive seen riding all those raptors dont really have much experience with quads, and its probably their first one and only bought it because its big, new, or the salesperson talked their naieve minds into it.

Old 07-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

I have owned both the DS650 and the Raptor. If your riding trails buy a Raptor, if your in wide open spaces (DUNES) buy a DS. I do a little of both. For an all round bike I would go with the Raptor. There are a lot more after market parts in my area for the Raptor. The parts for the DS will break you unless you have a thick wallet. If you want an all out speed DEMON, by a Banshee. I still have the Raptor with a few mods, I have beaten the stock Banshee, and modified 400's. Also it depends on the experience of the rider.

Quick Reply: whats faster than a raptor?