Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

injector block off.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2000 | 08:10 PM
|
Pro Rider

How much are oil injector block off kits for blas ters? How much are they and where can i get one? Also what should i premix at for the oil, ive heard 32:1 but is that what the injector mixes at as it is? And if it isnt would i have to change my jetting at all?

Old 08-10-2000 | 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

I removed my right side crankcase cover and pulled off the small white gear on the back of the crankcase cover. This gear turns the oil injection pump. I then removed all of the hoses and the tank. I capped all of the places where hoses connected with small rubber caps that you can get at auto parts stores used to cap vacume lines on cars. Make sure to cap the one on the carb. This way you only spend a couple of bucks for the caps. It might be a good idea to replace the right side crankcase cover gasket when you pull it off. This is still cheaper than ordering a kit. If you buy a Clymer repair manual for the Blaster it will make any procedure such as this one alot easier because it gives you specifics on how to remove and replace all stock parts. I didn't change the stock jetting because of removing the oil injection system. I mix 32:1, and have had good luck so far.

Old 08-10-2000 | 10:19 PM
Range Rover

The stock inj. mixes at 20:1, after you remove use 32:1 like you said and then you can use a better grade oil if you like! You can get the block off kit from Trinity for $12 like I did and some other places sell it too! Like any of the most popular ads in any atv magazine. Just removing it will help it from smoking like they do and fouling plugs.

Old 08-11-2000 | 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

If your quad is fouling plugs it's beacuse of rich jetting, not the oil injector. After 5500miles I've never fouled a plug. I have run the injector the whole time.

If your quad is smoking badly it's probably beacuse of the oil you are using. Yamaha brand oil makes a tremendous amount of smoke. With a different oil such as Klotz the bike won't smoke noticably.

Old 08-11-2000 | 03:58 PM
|
Pro Rider

edsmith, what kind of oil do you run and in what?

Old 08-11-2000 | 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

I run Klotz Techniplate Synthetic oil for injector or pre-mix. It works really well, barely smokes, even at 20:1.

I have a 98 Blaster, stock motor, with oil injection.

http://blasterville.freeservers.com/blasterlg1.jpg

Old 08-11-2000 | 10:18 PM
Range Rover

Most places don't sell Klotz, and when your inj. does go ED.., let us all know how much it cost to rebuild it. You also can't do a whole lot of mods with the inj. in. That's why yours is stock! 20:1 is to rich and that is why they smoke. Plus with pre-mix you have a gurantee that your oil is getting to your engine end of your stupid oil inj.!!

Old 08-13-2000 | 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

99fasterblasters: I haven't had any trouble finding Klotz.

My injector is highly unlikely to go bad, as I've said many times, the injector is reliable. I made a page with info about the injector, take a look, you may be surprised.

http://blasterville.freeservers.com/oil.html

As for not being able to do mods, that's just flat out wrong. The only mod that you could not do with the injector is install a new carb. My motor is basicly stock because I chose to focus on fixing the Blaster's brakes, suspension and tires. Would you mind telling me specificly what mods you can't do with oil injection and why?

"20:1 is to rich and that is why they smoke." 20:1 is a little rich. But as you can see on my webpage, I have proof that a rich oil mixture doesn't hurt power. All it does is provide better protection for the engine. I also have to let you know that my Blaster does not smoke excessively, as a matter of fact, I'd bet it smokes less than yours.

"Plus with pre-mix you have a gurantee that your oil is getting to your engine" Yes you can garuntee that. But, the injector is highly, highly unlikely to fail. A lot of people have their Blasters fail for varios reasons and then jump to the conclusion that the injector failed, when it didn't.

Old 08-15-2000 | 10:55 PM
Range Rover

Thankfully the world has a kid wizard like you. Maybe you can find Klotz but not every store carry's it! I see your blaster did indeed fail. wonder what caused that!! Do you still have those ammo boxes on your blaster to carry you BB's for your RedRyder gun !!

99 Blaster
Ct 240 kit, FMF PCII Silencer, 190. Douglas Rims, Holeshots, Ceet seat cover and grafix kit, twist throttle, (inj. blocked off)!!!!, running Maxima Castor 927 at 32:1, Trenga ext. swing arm, Wheel spacers, ROCKS!!!

Old 08-15-2000 | 11:14 PM
Range Rover

Check out Trenga's site and see what they have to say about the inj.!

Quick Reply: injector block off.......