Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster owners plz help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster owners plz help!!

should i try draining some oil from the bolt on the bottom of the engine? will this stop the oil from coming out from the trans breather?

Old 07-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

DONT RIDE IT WITH THAT MUCH OIL..You can't just let it keep leaking and hope for the best because it won't work. What you must do is drain all the oil out and put in ONLY 650mm !!!! Don't put any more, or any less...
using too much oil can seriously damage a engine.

Old 07-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Range Rover

mine did that right before i sold it, like he said, u got too much oil. just drain it and refill it to the mark, best way to do it. i dont think it would hurt your engine like shavo said, but its better to be safe than sorry with a brand new blaster

Old 07-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Don't think it will hurt your engine?? Ask anyone who knows anything about engines and see what they say about randomly dumping whole bottles of oil into your motor and see what they say..Don't tell this guy that it won't hurt it because it will and then he will be stuck with the bill because people like you tell him that stuff like this is alright...

Old 07-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Range Rover

im not tryin to start a fight here.... but i have had a blaster for years, and ive overfilled it many times, and there was no harm done. just when it gets hot... the oil overflows and creates a mess. thats all ive had a problem with. but if you think your right.... im not goona argue

Old 07-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Im not trying to arguee either, but I don't want this guy breaking somthing because of false information..If it dosn't matter how much oil is in it then why would they give you a min/max limit on the tank?? You gotta remember that your clutch is spinning in the same oil and with too much oil on your clutch it starts slipping and slipping causes heat..and heat causes damage...it's not rocket science

Old 07-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

by the way.... this may be off topic........ but how do u like that 240 kit? i had one for my blaster and it really didnt do much of anything for performance

Old 07-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

What 240 did you have ? Vitos?
Mine is awsome...its ported/polished out the ying yang and has alot of other stuff into it...
I can take Sotck banshees..z400's...ex..250R's...

Old 07-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
Don't think it will hurt your engine?? Ask anyone who knows anything about engines and see what they say about randomly dumping whole bottles of oil into your motor and see what they say..Don't tell this guy that it won't hurt it because it will and then he will be stuck with the bill because people like you tell him that stuff like this is alright...
i back u up 110%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and vitos was ported triple exuast n its sick

did u get complete top end kit or just bored it out n got a bigger piston?
get reeds n filter n shyt to let more fuel air in maybe ur cokin it

Old 07-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer

ok well i drained all the oil and damn there was alot, i filled it to the top of the maximum line so there is just a little open space that is visible, i put 10w30 oil in it and started up fine and i will find out tomorrow if the leak is gone, thanx everyone!

Quick Reply: blaster owners plz help!!