Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Question for techs about Raptor?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for techs about Raptor?????

I just recently bought a YFZ 450 and also the Raptor. The 450 is stock but the raptor has had some mods done to it already. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea what my raptor would be pumping for horspower now. It has a WRP full exhaust, K&N filter and jetting, and has been ported and polished. Thanks for your help. I am just interested because if I were to chose a pipe it wouldn't have been a wrp. Also, what are your feelings for that particular pipe? Thanks for your help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

45 hp is about the norm for a piped raptor and add a couple hp for headers and a couple more for the porting work

so maybe 50 hp

Old 07-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

How do you like your yoshi exhaust. I think I read somewere a long time ago that for a raptor pipe shootout that was the allround best?

Old 07-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with voodoo. I like my Yoshi alot.

Old 07-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

just fyi, my yoshi is 96 db at idle, 100 db at 1/4-1/2 throttle and 105 db at 3/4 throttle

little loud....those readings were 15 ft back offset 5 ft and I used a radio shack digital spl meter

I really like my exhaust, now I just need to perfect my jetting....lol

I run 220 lbs and my raptor has full skids and bumpers and nerfs, etc....have gps'd it at 78 so far...but I need to work some kinks out still with my jets,

1st 3 gears = hard to keep front down, after that no diff from stock....so I need to solve that problem still[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Range Rover

voodoo, just flip your rear linkage, it makes it way more handleable. the front end doesnt come up unless you want it to, u can still wheelie it when you want to, but when you want to get faster acceleration... just lean forward and its all good. it take about 20 minutes to flip... and if u dont like it, just flip it back

Old 07-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

I have the elka linkage on there now along with a bunch of other mods like rear axle, a-arms, etc...

that 1-3 gears and wheelies happened with stock suspension(not to say it wont happen with elkas, just havent tried really, cause my jetting is screwed up) lol

thanks for the idea tho...sounds good

need to get out and ride more, so I can get this all setup right....but its an hour drive to ride around here...so I wait til weekends

Old 07-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would think if the port work is good you have around 48-50hp.

You should probaly look into a little better pipe...the Yoshi is a very good choice. So isn't the Alba, Sparks, and HMF systems.

Old 07-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

As far as jetting is concerned, I to wonder if mine is jetted properly because i have nothing to compare it to and I bought it already done. Whats the best way to find out what I should have it jetted at. Also can you expand a little more on this change of linkage you were talking about voodoo. I have troubles keeping the front end down and would like to find a way to make it less tippy.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

yes, please elaborate on the linkage setup.

Quick Reply: Question for techs about Raptor?????