Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

should i get a warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004 | 12:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default should i get a warrior?

warriors' a great quad.. many reasons... im to damn tired to list it all... all i know is i love mine and i love riding other pplz quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004 | 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

i got a 89 warrior and it has been a he11 of a dependable and fun machine. granted its not the fastest or the best to handle, but it is a fun bike and a sweet trail machine. there are quite few mods also available, check my list of mods below and check all that ive done to mine. the only major thing ive done to mine is a clutch kit, thats not bad for 15 year old quad....thats been the only major fix too. i got top speed on GPS 68.6......i dunno how accurate but should be pretty close.....it was dang near full throttle too. so yeah, they are fun and dependable, hope you enjoy your quad.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Gwinnwarrior,

How do you like that Cobra exhaust? Is it loud, or just somewhat louder thatn stock? Which type do you have and does it have the spark arrestor or anything?

The reason I ask is that I am in need of replaceing the stock exhaust on my Wolverine. I can get a super deal on a Cobra but am not sure how they are. I hear a lot of people that hate them and want to hear from somebody with experience. Cobra says they do not have decibel levels recorded for there pipes? I thought that was odd.

I did not meen to take over your post CoolCabritoCrew, for what it is worth I have known alot of warriors and they are all very descent quads. I do not think you will be dissapointed. I am actually going to get one to have next to my Wolverine.

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UGLY88
Gwinnwarrior,

How do you like that Cobra exhaust? Is it loud, or just somewhat louder thatn stock? Which type do you have and does it have the spark arrestor or anything?

The reason I ask is that I am in need of replaceing the stock exhaust on my Wolverine. I can get a super deal on a Cobra but am not sure how they are. I hear a lot of people that hate them and want to hear from somebody with experience. Cobra says they do not have decibel levels recorded for there pipes? I thought that was odd.

I did not meen to take over your post CoolCabritoCrew, for what it is worth I have known alot of warriors and they are all very descent quads. I do not think you will be dissapointed. I am actually going to get one to have next to my Wolverine.
Cobra exhaust are known for being annoyingly loud and very little (or at all) power gain over the stock one. I would look into a different system.

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, i do like my cobra pipe.....yeah its prolly the oudest out there, but at the time my buddy asked me if i wanted to replace my stock pipe with the cobra and he would sell it to me for 30 bux. i figured, heck yeah, itll be better and for 30 bux you cant go wrong. It is MUCH better than stock...it is alot louder than stock too however. any pipe is better than the stock ones though....... yeah i got the sparky spark arrestor too, the dnr will get you good around here if you dont have one on it. it may not be the best pipe, but at the time it was a good deal and a definate improvement from stock. if you are tight for money and got a good deal going for it, then i would, but if youve got money, then i would go with something else.

overall.......good cheap replacement with improved power.......

side effects...loudness....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

THanks for the quick reply. That is what I thought. I guess I have some thinking to do.

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:46 AM
Range Rover

i think warriors suck bad steering,sound horrible stock pipes,are ugly,slow, and they are not reliable.and my blaster and banshee runs offf on my cousins warriors and uncles warrior.

Old 07-09-2004 | 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

i think warriors suck bad steering,sound horrible stock pipes,are ugly,slow, and they are not reliable.and my blaster and banshee runs offf on my cousins warriors and uncles warrior.
well, i think this was a positive post until now. i happen to think blasters suck, but thats just my opinion and i dont say it b/c its not cool to diss other quads. he was askin about how cool and good the warrior was, not how cool yer blaster is and how bad the warrior sucks.

coolcabritocrew.......get the warrior, its a good quad....!!!!

stbansheeracer........ lil story for ya.....
some retard here from around my town wanted to drag race soooo bad, and i didnt really want to cuz im not a big fan of drag racing, he begged and begged....so finally one day i shut him up. he had me for the 1st 15 feet then it was all warrior. i smoked him, he didnt even stop afterwards, he knew he had been owned by me. there wasnt even a chance of him winning again it was that far of a gap.

Old 07-09-2004 | 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Good reply Gwinnwarrior!

It depresses me when people feel the need to ruin a good q&a post with need of a peepy contest about how cool there quad is . Personaly I could not care less about the "this is better than that" posts. If all I had was a Lt80 I would ride the hell out of it and probably have more fun than some pwople on there 400,500, and 600 quads. Everybosy is entitled to their opinions but have some respect and commonsense.

Ok all done ranting back to te good stuff. I second getting the Warrior.

Old 07-09-2004 | 12:29 PM
Range Rover

i thimk a blaster sucks too but a warrior more.but my banshee would woop a warriors azz i always beat my cousin and uncle on track trail & strip.

Quick Reply: should i get a warrior?