Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

should i get a warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:08 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default should i get a warrior?

im supposed to be getting a 2001 yamaha warrior in two weeks. ive been doing reseach on them and have heard good about them. i want to know what everybody else thinks about them. i heard they were pretty fast too. are they reliable? please tell me what you know about them and if you think they are good quads and a good choice. thanks.

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Extremely reliable,fast...erm,not really... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:27 PM
|
Trailblazer

does anybody else have any input?

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dude,
A warrior is where it is at. I have one and they are very fast if you mod them. I can eat ex's alive. I have before and i'll do it again. They are the most dependible quad on the market. The only thing I have ever replaced was Tires and Brake pads. The only down side to them is their suspension. Although good, not the best. All you have to do is put 2002 raptor front shocks and a 2001 raptor rear shock on and you have one of the most kick butt quads. I love mine and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Hope this helps!!!

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:40 PM
|
Trailblazer

thanks it helps alot. what kind of mods would be the best to start out with?

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:51 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

OK, I was probably riding a Warrior before you were born. In its day it was OK, but by todays standards, it isn't so great. The ergonomics are terrible. The seat is to low and the bars are to high. The footpegs are in the wrong place too. The bike isn't terribly heavy, but it HANDLES HEAVY. They are however, very reliable. My advice would be to pass it up for one of the 400's.

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: exKiller350monster
I can eat ex's alive.
Your renthal bars give you the edge in acceleration and top speed?

Old 07-08-2004 | 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FastBansheekid
Originally posted by: exKiller350monster
I can eat ex's alive.
Your renthal bars give you the edge in acceleration and top speed?
LMAO!!!

Old 07-09-2004 | 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey,
You can get what ever quad but i'm giving my opinion. I love my warrior and it was what I wanted. As far as mods right away I would get a jet kit, a K&N , and a good exhaust system. Don't let people tell that they aren't a good quad because they are and they have been the top selling quad for years.

Old 07-09-2004 | 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

my roommate had a 2000 and i rode it alot over the the year that he owned it. it was very reliable, it had reverse, and the six gears let it keep up with most other stock bikes. it does seam to handle a bit heavy and the suspension could definately use some upgrading. they are definately a fun wheeler to ride.

however, as your skills grow and need for speed becomes greater you will be thinking of trading it for something bigger. i was debating getting one and moding it all out but decided to go with something atleast 400cc. then i came across a killer deal on a 2002 Banshee and went with that. its only a 350 but its a 2 stroke and is apart right now getting some .040 over psitons and other goodies.

if your relatively new to riding and this is only your first or second bike then get it and learn with it. then get good enough to keep up with your buds with the bigger bikes. then ya upgrade the bike and smoke their butts.

hope this helped

Quick Reply: should i get a warrior?