Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

crappy summer????

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004 | 09:56 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default crappy summer????

is it just me or has this summer in mihigan been a crappy summer...weather wise. i swear in the u.p. it has rained like 75% of the summer. its been cold too, it hasnt been alot of fun to be riding. has anyone else had a bad sumer....or even a good summer for that matter????

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

mines been GREAT!

Old 07-09-2004 | 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Wettest May on record here in Montana, and June was the same, and cool. But we need it; it beats choking on forest fire smoke all summer.

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

it has been one wet summer in michigan. it seems like all it does is rain. the only up side to it is the places that all dried out from the lack of rain are now wet again. for a 4x4 rider, this is a good thing, lol

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

It's been an ok summer....I have not been riding nearly enough as I wish I could... But on the other hand, my new born (well 9mo now) has at the same time made it one of the best summers yet!!

We do have a big ride planned for this saturday...this should be fun. couple of banshees, raptor, a few dirt bikes and a couple of utilites to pull us out of the muddy upstate NY trails if we need it.

It has been raining pretty hard for the last 4 days or so. I imagine the trails are pretty muddy right now. I am going to go check them out on the dirt bike tonight before everyone arrives at my house.

If your in or around New Hartford, NY tonight or tomorrow. Post a message or pm me. Your more than welcome to tag along. We will be riding everything from trails to sand pits. Weather should be around 70 degrees with no rain in the forcast yet!!!

BBQ and fire tonight till we can't keep our eyes open anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...ride in the morning.

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

I know the Dunes up there in Silver Lakes are puddled up big time and, have been all year so far. Don't look like they will dry out anytime soon either. That blows for the drag racing in the low flat areas and, the good parking spots on the beach front! Not Good!

Now for the Good - I brought my new 686 up there and, spanked every fourstroke who wanted a slice! Really built banshees were a differnt story but, after a few drags i could go do some dune jumping and, climbing where as they only go in straight lines! VERY GOOD!

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I think i have you guys beat. I still have to wait a month or so for my new quad. In the mean time i have NO QUAD. So basically you could beat me if you could drive a quad in any weather. I am just sitting here in Missouri waisting perfect summer weather waiting around. I guess i will have to become a great fall/winter driver [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2004 | 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

spanked every fourstroke who wanted a slice!
Thats great!! If I lived around a desert area or more wide open terrain, I would think about drag racing a bit more. But for now, we like trail riding and just plain getting away from it all for the day.
I have a small table top in my back field....I find that I can have fun for hours just jumping and messing around.

But in the morning...we are going to actually trail ride for the day. My wife just called me and said that one of the guys just dropped off his trailer and a couple of wheelers. So this is happening rain or shine...it's about time!!

Old 07-09-2004 | 03:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

SAY IT FMF..........have a good, safe ride this weekend. hopefully we can get this dang house painted and done so i can go riding here.

BTW...the weather in the u.p. is looking like it might start acting like summer finally....knock on wood.

maybe everyone will have a good weekend of riding, ill be back here on mondy for the typical monday morning post of how was everyones riding. say it fmf...let me know how the ride goes....

Old 07-09-2004 | 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

We will be taking pictures I'm sure. One of my buddies from out of town got himself a helmet cam...only problem is that I'm the only one with a mini dv cam. I might be afraid to let him put it in a fanny pack for the money I paid for it. We will see.

Quick Reply: crappy summer????