Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help w/ Kodiac and Warn Plow

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004 | 12:10 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Help w/ Kodiac and Warn Plow

I bought a Kodiac 450 with Warn winch and snow plow, the dealership has been around for about 7 years and the general manager and the owner both said they had installed this kind of stuff all the time, no problem. Here is my problem I am getting ready to send it back in for a third time because they seem to not have any clue how to install the plow. The first time I got the atv back, the plow was simply pinned to the frame of the atv (note: no mounting bracket installed, just held on with two snap ring pins) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

The second time they now have the mounting plate on but they are not running the winch cable through the pulley on the plow they are simply running the cable under the pulley and letting it get in a bind to hold the plow when you lift it or lower it. I asked the Service Manager about it and he said it was the first plow they have ever installed. Arghhhh!

Here is where I need the help....If anyone out there has a Kodiac with Warn winch and plow please post some detailed pics so that I can make sure it is installed right the third time and give my dealer a copy to see the finished install.

P.S. I have searched the net and found some pics of an install on a Bruin that I am going to send them as well as the install manual I downloaded off of Warn's site. The actual pictures off of a Kodiac would be nice, to hit the nail on the head for them.

Thanks, sorry for the long post

Disgruntalled,

Kcolg

Old 07-11-2004 | 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry to hear your troubles. i have a 2003 kodiak 400 4 x 4. i can take some pictures and email them. i'm not sure how close the install will be to yours though. the plow is off right now but i can get pics of the belly plate if that will do you any good.

i find it surprising a dealer couldn't figure this out. i'm certainly no mechanic, but i was able to decipher the directions and get my plow on. depending on where you're located, you may be able to find a member to help you. if you're near VA, i can help out.

Old 07-13-2004 | 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

I've got a Moose plow on my Kodiak 450 w/ a Warn 2.5ci winch that I put on. I would assume the Warn plow and the Moose plow mount in the same fashion. There should be a mounting bracket to the underside of the quad, a push bar, then the plow, which the winch should be attached to somehow. That's rediculous they pinned the push bar to the frame, I don't see those pins holding long at all. Sounds like they didn't order the mounting plate...