Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MAN THIS SUXX!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

I sold my Recon so i could get a raptor i cant finace a new one so i was gonna get a used 1 im cant find one for about $3000 and im getting mad a raptor is my pride n joy and the only people who are selling them for $2000 is the ones that have the trany problems

SOME ONE SELL ME THERE RAPTOR OR HELP ME OUT IN SOME SORT OF WAY!!!!!!!

please!

Old 07-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

Get it for 2000.00 and do the upgrade. You will be right there at your 3000.00 mark with an 2004 tranny!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] even if it were a 01 I would buy them all day for 2000.00!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

yeah, raptor owner is right.... you never know what your getting when you buy a used quad. you could end up with a cherry.....or a lemon. if it were me i would buy the cheaper one and put a new tranny in it. THIS WAY...you know what youve got. you could end up buying one for 3K and find out this fall that its got tranny problems too....

at least this way you know what your getting and then your gonna know what youve got too....

if it were me thats what i would do too, just thought id tell you what i thought

Old 07-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

not all of them have tranny issues, mine does ironically [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] , but it has yet to break...it sometimes slips into neutral and makes weird noises but it never happens when im racing others so i dont mind...and ive had this thing for 3 years now

Old 07-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

My 01 raptor's tranny is still going strong too! It too slips out of gear from time to time or really sucks putting it into reverse, but it does give me problems while riding/racing.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

you guys are funny....

ZimRaptor.."it sometimes slips into neutral and makes weird noises but"

MotoXRaptor02..."My 01 raptor's tranny is still going strong too! It too slips out of gear from time to time or really sucks putting it into reverse, but"

These are called "tranny problems" fellas....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

Old 07-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

Originally posted by: MotoXRaptor02
[i]

These are called "tranny problems" fellas....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'd rather put up with the inconviences of the tranny rather than replace it since the machine is still too fast too handle.
To fast to handle lol...theres guys out there with turbo ds's and 730 raptors...i dont see them complaining theres is to fast to handle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

it is all fun and games until you are driving 80mph and your trans locks up and you go flying off of your quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default MAN THIS SUXX!

Originally posted by: SEMO
it is all fun and games until you are driving 80mph and your trans locks up and you go flying off of your quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
sorry but that post was ignorant...the trannies dont have problems with any gears past 2nd...