Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor is pathetic!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2000, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mag500 the XR400 won't compete with the YZ400F and they're both 400's. And the 400EX's motor came from the XR400 in case you didnt know.

Old 08-13-2000, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

for crying out loud. If you'r going to say a "modded" banshee can beat a ds650, then why dont you give the DS a few mods itself? I mean comon guys, these arguments are pathetic. The ds is faster than a banshee. Period

Old 08-13-2000, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Put a set of quality pipes, filters, and rejet both of them (Who runs a banshee STOCK anyway?)
No comparison.

Two strokes always gain far more HP when modified than any four stroke will. I just bought an 01 Banshee put on T5's 2:1 and had it tuned, geez I can't imagine more power. Seriously thinking of extending the swingarm now, I can't keep the front end down.

To all his/her own....

Martin

Old 08-13-2000, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

Personally,I don't care how fast any bike is in a drag race.I live in an area where handling and reliability is the key to a winning machine.
Did anyone in the Pittsburgh area watch the drag races at Waynesburg fair? A DS got smoked by a 250r.This is not to say a R is faster,but the rider on it must of had some kind of an advantage,skill maybe?
If the Raptor is a better machine,which NOBODY knows yet,then so be it.I think that is nothing but good for the Industry.
In my opinion,not that it is Scripture or anything,A drag race means absolutely nada.Real races are won on the GNCC Circut or GNC Circut.
Good Luck to all of those soon to be Raptor owners.I hope it is a better sport bike than anything else offered.It can only mean better things to come from the other manufacters.

Old 08-13-2000, 09:13 PM
Range Rover

From what i've seen a properly running ds is about the same as a banshee with toomey pipes, pr flow kit, new reeds ect. Somebody has a web site with videos races his friends ds against his shee with toomey pipes and a couple of other bolt on stuff, and there about even. In one video the ds wins, the other the banshee, which ever rider gets the holeshot wins.

Old 08-13-2000, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't give the DS any mods because I don't own one! If somebody showed up where I ride with a modified DS then I would be able to say, "I raced a Modified DS and..." Good grief man, read the entire post.

Old 08-13-2000, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

To RNL, I wasnt responding to you about the (15yr old thing), it was directed at Mag500 - who has no understanding of what he is saying.LoL. Comparing 2 strokes to 4 strokes and their CC's , resulting in comparing the horsepower. He was saying the Raptor was pathetic...lol, because it has so many more CC's, and the H.P. should be higher... He doesnt understand, yet he preaches like he's the Guru of engine design. 45+ rear wheel horsepower is anything but pathetic.

And also to Ridzhard, are you saying that 400 or so, is not anywhere NEAR 389 ? Thats like, 11-18 lbs difference. Are you kidding, my boots weigh that much when soaked..lol. Less than 20 lbs is pretty damn "near" in weight, if you ask me...right? I was just making sure, because you mentioned it. You keep saying its so heavy and big....what do you mean? dry weight Raptor..398, dry weight Banshee 389 , Size specs - virtually the same as BAnshee and 400ex size, with an inch or two difference here or there. Its basically like sticking a 660 cc engine, into a 400ex frame, only better.. Am I missing your point here ? It isnt big or heavy at all. Close to 100 lbs lighter than a DS, and MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller.
Now theres a substantial difference in weight and size. Anyways.... later all.

Old 08-14-2000, 12:09 AM
rnl
Trailblazer

To weibz. OOps thought you were talking to me.Anyway remember when someone posted pics of a test raptor his buddy or someone had. He had proof cuz he was sitting next to it on his 400ex. He said it has a speedo on it and would hit 80.

Old 08-14-2000, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Banshee is the only way to go. yeah the break but when they run look out.. Polaris stinks.. I recently sold a 93 polaris 350l 4x4 1,400 easy miles, cuz its a a$$ backwards piece of junk. Have to take the plastic off to change the belt... exc.. what is that? Cooked the ring, exc... everytime I went into the woods on it it broke down. My banshee (when running) would smoke it hard in second/third. Banshees rule!

Old 08-14-2000, 07:04 AM
Pro Rider

well done on choice of topic.....and place of posting!

dang, you got everyones attention....congratulations, what a winner!

now....get off ya puta and go ride ya bikes!

ride hard.....everyone.....

pudding

Quick Reply: raptor is pathetic!