Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Turbo raptor questions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004 | 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo raptor questions?

Don't want any other Builders gettin that 40%.LOL!

Old 07-18-2004 | 03:14 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
Kenzcyle..coming straight out if Kelly at KMS's mouth were "were are hitting 180h.p with the Kenz 727 raptor running turbo and nos. Why do you call kelley up yourself monday and get your story straight.
You need to stop quoting false information. You'r missing a few important words in your quote [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004 | 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

rodney what are the important words??? how much hp has the bike made to date, i know about the 98hp run???

Old 07-18-2004 | 05:33 PM
Range Rover

I was not there but this is what I've been told that was said, "THE OWNER would like to see the bike hit 180hp"...not that it has hit 180hp but that he would like to see it there.

The bike is making good HP but I agree with AZSand, there is no need for anymore than 80-90 hp. At that level there is very little out there that will run with it and it'll be very reliable. If you upgrade the rod on the raptor and run the KMS system on a otherwise stock engine with the boost levels around 7-8 you should be around that magic number of 85hp. Now the raptor that I rode that was making that hp was one heck of a quick bike, it was faster than the DS that Kelly is currently running[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I honestly believe that a raptor with an updated rod and the KMS turbo system is the best bang for the buck. I would not be at all ashamed to own one even though it is a yamaha, well maybe I should just go with my gut and take the more reliable DS with a turbo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004 | 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

rod - I see "THE OWNER" said that. OK that makes sense, some people get off on numbers. you are right about the 85hp being perfect for the raptor. 100% agree on that one!!!

i personally would not own a DS, just me, never have even rode one though.

or you could wait a little longer for the very much needed honda xr650ex??? but you may age quite a bit before then???

Old 07-18-2004 | 06:01 PM
Range Rover

actually the owner wasn't there, but what was said is that the owner would like to see those numbers.

***I was not there, this is just what I've been told from the source.

Old 07-18-2004 | 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Again thanks for clearing this up!!! my freind said this, and i heard this and that... we are still in high school[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004 | 09:00 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider

Wht kind of HP numbers do KMS see on a BONE STOCK raptor before mods?

Old 07-18-2004 | 10:05 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 14mins

I believe that this is the dyno sheet from the stock raptor. I could be wrong but I think that this is it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Pretty imprssive if you ask me, but of course you didn't.

What are you going to try and pick apart now. I'm sure that there is something that you guys do better over there at craycraft[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2004 | 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RodSmith32
Originally posted by: 14mins

I believe that this is the dyno sheet from the stock raptor. I could be wrong but I think that this is it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Pretty imprssive if you ask me, but of course you didn't.

Hey Rod, wasn't that run with 14 pounds of boost? If I remember correctly, KMS said with 7 pounds it makes about 60 RWHP. And I think I remember hearing that 7 pounds is what KMS recommended for a stock internalled Raptor. I could be mistaken however. Since I'm just going off of heresay and memory.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Turbo raptor questions?