Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just bought complete RZ 350 motor.............

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2000, 03:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What should I do with it? I think I will put it in my MX prepped Banshee My question is, what will a set of modified (to fit the RZ cylinder) Banshee pipes (FMF or Pro Circuit) do to the power delivery of the RZ powerplant. I got it complete minus the carbs, but I have 28mm Flatslide Mikunis on my shee' already. Do I need to mount a battery on this thing to run the powervalves or do they run off the stator? I have the CDI and coils for it. Thanks
eric

Old 08-13-2000, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

There was a lot of good information in the Performance Mods and Mechanical Forum under 'rotax power valves for a Banshee' (about 2 months ago) Are you planning on puttin the whole RZ motor in your banshee, or just the top end? The RZ top end bolts right on the banshee low end, and the banshee intake bolts right on the RZ barrels. you'll need to weld up some bracket to get the banshee pipes to bolt on to the motor. But here's the link to the other post. http://forums.atvconnection.com/thre...FB=1&Tid=92867

Old 08-14-2000, 04:27 AM
Trailblazer

Hey dude

One of my fav topics.

The RZ ratios are different ot the Banshee, basically tighter together, first is faster, top slightly slower.

The top end swaps, as does the stator assembly. You will need a battery to run the YPVS. The RZ stator has a built in battery charging system and a 200 watt alternator, great for those aftermarket lights.

Pipes, you need to get stubs milled to bolt on the RZ barrel, contact Eric Happy
E-mail Address(es):
EH40@daimlerchrysler.com

He is getting a several sets milled, check on price etc.

Pipes we have found that T-5's work great, so should FMF and PTR... the 28mm tmx will be good to.... Apparently there is a lot of extra torque to be had using oversided pyramid type reed valves.

Fit up a set of Vito's pistons and hold on to ya hat mate, you can expect between50 to 60hp from basically stock RZ jugs, Fully tweaked RZ cylinders will yield 72 -75 hp at the rear wheels............with midrange torque that no banshee cylinder can deleiver.......

Eric is curremtly assembling a full spec Vito's ported RZ banshee right now, it'll hit the dyno soon..............

We will be publishing the results on my web and Erics new www.MobileDyno.com page soon.

Kiwi Craig