Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Do You Shake It Before You Kick Start It For Gas And Oil To Mix, How Many Minutes Do You Warm Your Shee

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 05:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Shake It Before You Kick Start It For Gas And Oil To Mix, How Many Minutes Do You Warm Your Shee

Do You Shake It Before You Kick Start It For Gas And Oil To Mix, How Many Minutes Do You Warm Your Shee

How many shakes do you shake the shee before kick starting it.

Old 07-20-2004, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Do You Shake It Before You Kick Start It For Gas And Oil To Mix, How Many Minutes Do You Warm Your Shee

I typically shake mine for 1 to 2 min then kick it over and let it warm up for about 15 min. while I get my gear on and lock up the truck and trailer.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

I guess it has become habit....I usually get on and shake it for a bit...not too long...just enough to get things moving around. I don't warm up for anywhere near 15 minutes....but I would say after 5 minutes mine is good to go.

Old 07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

If you run a good oil, you won't have to shake it up. I pull my choke on and slowly ease the kicker down 4 or 5 times, then give it a good swift kick. Run a 5 seconds with the choke on then turn the choke off. I hold it at a fast idle for a few seconds, then blip from no throttle to 1/8th or so and continue slowly building RPM's as it warms. When you feel the head is warm, take off.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:59 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: AlkyBurninX
If you run a good oil, you won't have to shake it up.
I agree.

The only time you should have to shake is when you are making the new batch of pre-mix.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I run Bel Ray synthetic in my banshee. I always shake it a few times before i start it, just a habit... I let her warm up for about 10 minutes.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

The only time you should have to shake is when you are making the new batch of pre-mix.
Unless your running castor....then it will seperate overnight easily

Old 07-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Unless your running castor....then it will seperate overnight easily[/quote]

That's why I said a GOOD oil. I have had my experiences with Benol in the past. Synthetics for me from now on!

Old 07-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

I agree... I now run synthetic...there was a time when I was running castor based products.....

I guess the shake the wheeler thing just stuck with me.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Don't let your Banshee sit too long idling....it will overheat. Right off the showroom floor I have seen them do it.

Quick Reply: Do You Shake It Before You Kick Start It For Gas And Oil To Mix, How Many Minutes Do You Warm Your Shee