Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha financing

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha financing

has anyone had trouble with yamaha financing. I just agreed to the 24 months for thirty nine dollars a month, when i received my bill my payment was 140 a month. i called them and they explained it, due to a trade in. right now my payments are at 5.9 % interest rate. they said after two years it will go up to 22% interest rate. anyone had any trouble with them jacking the interest rate prices up early???????
im cool with 140 a month i just don't want them to increase it any more?????

Old 07-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default yamaha financing

man i woulda went through a bank if it were me. that 22% is gonna bite you hard core. thats alot for interest. my best advice is to pay it off early and make some double payments if you can, thats less money you wont be throwing away.
BTW, what kinda quad did you get? hows it going for you?

Old 07-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default yamaha financing

My best advice is to get a loan through a bank and pay off the yamaha loan in full. Then deal with the bank on it. Best way to go about it in my opinion.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default yamaha financing

the yamaha plan is basically a credit card at set rate for set time, after that time has expired....the rate shoots up....so you must be aware to pay off credit card at set time or be prepared to pay

Old 07-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default yamaha financing

i got approved. No trade in. Buying soon from another state. They only approved 5000 so i gotta come up with the difference.... and pay all state taxes before i leave with it. Sorta BS but that is how it is. And btw pay all you can for 2 years and then just get it refinanced or something.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default yamaha financing

Originally posted by: themadwarriorrider
has anyone had trouble with yamaha financing. I just agreed to the 24 months for thirty nine dollars a month, when i received my bill my payment was 140 a month. i called them and they explained it, due to a trade in. right now my payments are at 5.9 % interest rate. they said after two years it will go up to 22% interest rate. anyone had any trouble with them jacking the interest rate prices up early??????? im cool with 140 a month i just don't want them to increase it any more?????
You elected for the FULL Yamaha hose job. If you agreed too pay $39 per month it looks like someone really screwed up.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default yamaha financing

Those Yamaha credit cards are great if you are going to pay the quad off quick.

Variable financing can also kill you.

Make double payments and you will be ok. These credit deals are set up that if you pay the $39 for the length of the loan ou get hosed. If you make double payments or triple payments you will beat the interest.

The way they work is that the interest is recalculated with every payment. You HAVE to put money directly on the principle or you are paying nothing but interest for the first two years.

If you think about it double and triple payments are not a big deal when you are talking $39 a month.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default yamaha financing

DO NOT!!!! be late on a payment. If you are late on one payment then it will automatically kick into the 22% interest.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default yamaha financing

They broke it in me hard. I traded a 04 yamaha warrior in that was fully tricked out. they gave me 3900 for the bike. they looked up my current balance and it was 4500 for the bike. I made a mistake and financed my after market parts through yamaha on the first deal. they told me at the dealership that i owed only 4500 for the bike. when i got my billing statement it showed an extra 1000 dollars was added to my new 660raptor purchase. it pushed my balance to 9000. wow the yam financing explained that my after market parts was the reason i owed 9000 instead of 8000. they stated that ws the reason my payments are 140 a month. they stated after 900 dollars is received it will go back to 39 a month. im going o keep paying 140 a month for the next two years. that should bring it down. If they sky rocket my payments i will refinance my loan at a fixed rate. that's the only thing i can think of to do. im just kicking my self in the @$$ on the price of the machine. i really like the raptor, i enjoy riding it more than my warrior . im a large guy and the warrior was killing my back. i wasn't enjoying riding as much due to the size of the bike. now im happy with my new bike. i can ride for hours with no back problems or power issues. man atv's are expensive. you can buy a nice car for the price of them. i enjoy offroading way to much to not have a bike.

04 raptor, dg rear skid plate
nobody ever said offroading was a cheap sport/// but it's the funnest??

Old 07-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default yamaha financing

You just pushed yourself further upside down. It is time to suck it up and make big payments until you get this thing paid for. Don't spend your life behind the credit 8-ball.

Quick Reply: yamaha financing