Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pissed at Yamaha for the last time!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pissed at Yamaha for the last time!

Originally posted by: ZimRaptor
Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
if your looking for reliability you can always go honda. But if that is out of the question id dump the raptor. my opinion though
IMO what u just said is pretty accurate, but my experiences with hondas is that the engine will last forever but everything else will ware easy and brake...IMO
Beech he is having problems with a YFZ not a Raptor. But I'm sure to you all 4 strokes are the same LOL

Pudljumpr... I know someone here in WV that got the lemon law on a Craftsmen lawnmower after the tranny went out 3 times. You may be able to contact the BBB or a lawyer and MAKE Yamaha stand behind their product. Might be worth a shot anyhow!

Old 07-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: vtwiner
pudljumper....

I have nothing against Yamaha, but I have heard that in the owners manual of the yfz, it states that Yamaha recommends a piston rebuild every 12 hours of riding. Is this true? If it is, it seems like a hush hush subject when shopping at the dealerships. I have only heard rumors of this and if it's not true then my apologies, but if it is true that the Yamaha dealers aren't notifying the potential YFZ consumers of this, then Yamaha does noes not deserve your business in my opinion.

This is totally FALSE, I have the shop manual and no where does it reference anything about a 12 hour re-build

Old 07-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

I like Yamaha, but they suck like that. Three weeks ago I had a crankseal put in beause it blew out. Now, 3 weeks later, and only a few rides its shot again. I thought somthing was weird that it would go twice in 3 weeks and upon further inspection I found that the crank bearings were pretty shot. Funny, The dealer told me the bearings were in execllent condition when he replaced the seal the first time..
And do you think they are going to do anything for me?...doubt er'.

Old 07-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now you listen here slow raptor rider person you. Once you seen and heard one yamaha 4-stroke they are all the same...loud, ugly, n slow! Hey, that reminds me a lot about you raptorman! bahaha, just kidding (about the you being loud part at least)

(That comment was direct toward raptorman, not the rest of you guys)

Old 07-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
Now you listen here slow raptor rider person you. Once you seen and heard one yamaha 4-stroke they are all the same...loud, ugly, n slow! Hey, that reminds me a lot about you raptorman! bahaha, just kidding (about the you being loud part at least)

(That comment was direct toward raptorman, not the rest of you guys)
Beech I know your saying something but I just keep hearing PING PING PING PING!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah, but at least my bikes are tolerable at an idle.

Old 07-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know beech I think the DB's would be close at an idle with a drag shee and drag rappy... and then I'm sure the shees are louder when they start to scream!

That may be an interesting test though! .... Pointless, but interesting! LOL

Old 07-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

If I was going to get rid of my YFZ I'd go witht he Z400 or the 450... But a Pred? Naaaaaa

Old 07-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Look up lemon laws on the net. Their are links to lawyers etc. I have been having troulble with brakes on a 350 Bruin 2w drive I bought for my daughter. They have worked on it 4 times and they are still not right. Yamaha makes good stuff but it sucks the way they take care of the ones they don't make well.

Old 07-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha has been making crap bikes since they started. Their only saving grace is that they build stuff the other companies don't have and market the **** out of it. They're still selling shee's cuz no one else is making 2-strokes, they're still selling warriors and rappies cuz the other three majors don't have anything to compete with those sizes and the low price they're asking for them. JMO By the way, my buds yfz is dead now thanx to a GYT-R pipe. The baffle broke inside the silencer and blew all the packing out causing his rings to go. A DG would have lasted longer than that POS pipe.

Quick Reply: Pissed at Yamaha for the last time!