Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

High-Performance ATVs For Adults!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High-Performance ATVs For Adults!!!!

I know I would be in line for one! Its just like anything else... I could come to work everyday in my truck at 110+ MPH but I don't its just common sense and unfortunantly some people just don't have any!

Old 07-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

But the bad thing is that some idiot is going to go buy his son one that is 15 and he is going to wrap it around a tree.
I wonder how many people under the age of 20 kill or mangle themselves on rice rockets every year??

When is the last time you saw a streetbike with warning labels riveted all over the fairing.

quads just catch all the -hit because its usually a youngster that gets hurt,,,instead of an adult.

Old 07-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
But the bad thing is that some idiot is going to go buy his son one that is 15 and he is going to wrap it around a tree.
I wonder how many people under the age of 20 kill or mangle themselves on rice rockets every year??

When is the last time you saw a streetbike with warning labels riveted all over the fairing.

quads just catch all the -hit because its usually a youngster that gets hurt,,,instead of an adult.
i agree

Old 07-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

And what kills me is that its the parents fault! They buy these quads for their kids and then let them go on them. They are out on main roads flying with no helmets on and three of their friends on behind them while their parents are at work!

Aw honey Jr wants a bike look this Raptor is pretty, lets get him one! LOL

Old 07-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yea that would be cool if they did make one like that. Wonder how over priced it would be?

What's sad is the other day i stopped to talk to this guy that lives up the road a bit. I asked him if he bought his kid a helmet.(This kid crashed about 3 weeks ago into a barb fence and the fence cut his throat and it was literally a inch or less away from killing him) The guy said "no i went and looked at them the other day and they were $99". I said you $4000 for the fourwheeler and your kids head ain't worth $99? So i got one of my old helmets and gave it to the kid as long as he promised every time he rides he would wear it.

Old 07-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yfz450VsBanshee
Yea that would be cool if they did make one like that. Wonder how over priced it would be?

What's sad is the other day i stopped to talk to this guy that lives up the road a bit. I asked him if he bought his kid a helmet.(This kid crashed about 3 weeks ago into a barb fence and the fence cut his throat and it was literally a inch or less away from killing him) The guy said "no i went and looked at them the other day and they were $99". I said you $4000 for the fourwheeler and your kids head ain't worth $99? So i got one of my old helmets and gave it to the kid as long as he promised every time he rides he would wear it.
That was good of you!!!

I know a guy that used to ride down and visit from time to time and he put his girl on behind him with a Bicycle helmet! We had an old one that we gave to wear.

Goes back to what I said before some people just have NO COMMON SENSE!!!

Old 07-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah it would be awesome.. but....

What would be the point.. so what if u can go 150. when are u gonna wanna go that fast? You cant get going that fast in a 300 ft. drag.. u cant go accross the dunes that fast.. u cant trailride that fast.. u cant moto x that fast.. EVEN if it was street legal u cant legally drive it on the streets that fast..You want something that goes fast. buy a viper.. you want an atv buy an atv

It just doesnt make sense yeah it would be way tight to have tons more power for the dunes.. but if you want tons more power drop your money into a sand rail and you can have plenty of power.. and some sand rails are also street legal and they handle a lot better at fast speeds than a quad.. you want a snomobile that goes 150 go buy one. tell me this.. how often do you run your bike in flat out 5th or 6th gear?? id be willing to guess you spend 70% of your time in 2nd and third..

Old 07-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Hey mom.......watch what I can do!!!

Old 07-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure what some of you are argueing? The thread title says for Adults right? We'll We are talking about Adults Quads! They can put the same riveted tags on em as they do with the sport quads now! There will always be a kid on something he is not supposed to. Not selling them is not the answer! I've seen riding lawnmowers that will do 70mph and, there is not tag on that? 16 yrs old is the age to drive and, if you have rich parents they could buy you a Ferrari,,, what'll stop them from doing 200mph??? A Tag on the dash???

Who ever said they want a quad that does 100 plus? My point was there are Snowmobiles that go over 150 because they have 100+ HP from the factory! I don't want to do 100+ on a quad (well I'd have to try it), I just want to get from 0-80 in a blink. In much the same way some of the 80HP and, up Quads w/ 10k in engine work do! How fast can you go in 300 Ft anyway? Top speed is for the salt flats. I want a bike that moto X's like a YFZ450 and, Dunes like a Raptor or, DS or, Banshee but, drags like a Cheetah Banshee because it has so much power!

Not asking for much huh? lol!

Old 07-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol

quads arent built for speed,,,,,,they are built to handle rough terrain

100mph on a stock quad,,,,no thanks

100 ft/lbs of torque would be nice though

Quick Reply: High-Performance ATVs For Adults!!!!