Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha Warrior 350cc?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yamaha Warrior 350cc?

I've yet to lose to a Blaster on my 01 Warrior.

I guess if the Blaster was really built he might beat me. But I've never run into one yet that can even beat me let alone pull away. I've seen a couple that are real close but that's it.

Old 07-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol stock balsters have NO chance against MY warrior [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] + the like 50 stickers im gonna put on it at like 1/4 of a hp each [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CR5
Go with the 400EX or even a Suzuki Z400 as both have several advantages over the warrior as the warrior is still based on the late 80's design.
That does not change the fact that is a solid great quad i have mine and have not regret having. Blasters are fast but i have yet lose to one but there is a first time for everything like the saying goes "no matter how fast you are there will always be some one faster than you"

lol speedy. If you buy the warrior when drag racing make sure you start in reverse you will beat the blater easy. If i keep saying that those guys at yamaha might start making the blaster with reverse better keep quiet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ss97
I've yet to lose to a Blaster on my 01 Warrior.

I guess if the Blaster was really built he might beat me. But I've never run into one yet that can even beat me let alone pull away. I've seen a couple that are real close but that's it.
What do you have on your warrior?I'm sorry to say this but I think everyone of you warrior people are lying when you say you havent lost to a single blaster.You guys must have been racing a stock blaster over and over, or you people have never raced a blaster with a semi-experienced rider.The only warrior I have lost to is my dad's and that just started happening a month ago.Now i'm saying this but my blaster has several upgrades, so does my dads warrior.My dads warrior has everything you guys have plus more, and anytime my dad beats me its usually about less than a bike length.I'm sure you guys beat blasters but I doubt yall have never lost to one.

Old 07-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

02Blasterguy

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I've honestly never lost to a Blaster. Like I said, there may be some out there that could be beat me, but no way in stock form.

My Warrior does have an FMF exhaust, a jet kit, and a K&N air filter but the case has never been cracked.

Just because I've never run into a Blaster that was able to blow my Warrior away doesn't make make me a liar, and it doesn't mean that there aren't some out there.

You said not to get a Warrior because "even a Blaster will beat you" But you didn't say a Blaster full of mods.

I really wouldn't care if my Warrior would lose to one, I'd have no problem admitting it. I ride for the fun not because I think my quad is fast. If people want to have a drag race I'll generally jump in because I like competition. I'll race even though I'm going to lose just to see how close I can get. But at this stage of the game no Blaster has rolled up that beat me. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a Blaster fast enough to beat a Warrior period.

But that's just me.

Old 07-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

02blasterguy

Have you ever lost to a warrior then? if you said no then you are lying also wich rpoves my point a blaster can beat the warrior sure if you have the mods and the rider skill. If you have millions of mods and the guy on the warrior has minor mods but has experience he prolly beat you its almost all rider when it comes to drag racing and length.

Well said ss97. Im not lying the blasters i have raced i have beat but i am not immune to losing to any of them im sure there are tons of blasters than can beat me but i drag race in mud tracks not pavement so makes a little difference but the warrior has more potential than a blaster even though its a 350 of all torque and almost no speed you can be surprised on what is can do.

Old 07-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, I have lost to a warrior, but I have only raced about 8 - 10 warriors.The only warrior I have lost to is my dads though, wait there was one that beat me before, but that was when I first got my blaster and it was the second thing I raced.I like warriors myself, the only thing that I dont like about them is they are way to heavy, and hard to handle.If you guys had the chance to trade in your warrior and pay a little bit more money to get a raptor 660, or a yfz450, would you?
And ok, i'll believe you guys when you say you havent lost to a blaster.

Old 07-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Sure i would trade my warrior for a YFZ450 but the bad thing is its never gonna happen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. I will buy the Z400 in the future was thinking about a raptor but im going to switch to suzuki.

Old 07-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have an 03 warrior for sale and it is in pretty good shape. i have added a rear baja skid plate and an X ring chain. i put new sprockets on it. they are nice machines, and i haven't heard of them overheating a lot. mine hasn't ever. i will sell mine for 3000

Old 07-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

bajarunner

I'm with you on that one. My next purchase will be a z400 too. I was leaning towards a 400ex but after riding the Z there is no choice at all. IMO the z400 is the best all around machine out there right now.

Having said that, I'll be happy with my Warrior for the next year or two unless I hit the lottery.

Quick Reply: yamaha Warrior 350cc?