Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine/bearings

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2000 | 10:41 AM
|
Pro Rider

After two years of mudriding my rear axle bearings are shot!! Does anyone have the number for sealed replacement bearings??? Thanks.

Old 08-14-2000 | 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

Harold,
The bearing at the brake side can be replaced with a aftermarket but the one that is in the rear end housing, I could not find a replacement other than Yamaha!!!!and that one will NOT be a sealed bearing, it's like $25..Change all the seals, pack grease between the seals and bearings. Make sure you flush all the crap out--including the pumpkin!!!!I was getting water in at the point the pumpkin is mounted to the swingarm---this spot should be sealed with RTV and tightened starting with the top 2 nuts!! Make sure your axle is not bent!!It doesn't have to be bent much at all to let water past the seal....
DOO800

Old 08-14-2000 | 01:46 PM
|
Pro Rider

Ok guys, I found sealed bearings at Dennis Kirk for around $16.oo each.

Old 08-14-2000 | 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

Harold,
Be careful, the first bearing I ordered for the side without the brake was the wrong one, I ended up at Yamaha for that one, I found aftermarket seals for both sides. Good luck...
DOO800

Old 08-14-2000 | 04:41 PM
|
Pro Rider

Where did you find the seals at, I had to go to a Yamaha dealer.

Old 08-14-2000 | 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

MISTAKE--
It had been a while but your right I had to finally use the dealer also for the seals, sorry. Good luck on the bearings, let us know..
DOO800

Old 08-18-2000 | 02:16 PM
|
Pro Rider

update/ caution!!! My axle bearings came in from Dennis Kirk, there all the wrong size(too small) the numbers in the catalog are wrong, tech support thinks this may be a O.E.M. only, don't order this bearings from Kirk, they will be wrong!!!!!

Old 08-18-2000 | 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys waht are you considering to be sealed bearings the ones that I got from my dealer had seals on them. But you could take them out and the mechanic at the dealer recommended that I did and pack more grease in them. Yamaha or where they have the bearings assembled must have had a shortage of grease because there was not much in there. I called a couple of big bearing house in my town and they had the one for the brake side but none for the differential side or the seals so I got the factory bearing from yamaha. Just keep an eye on them if you think you might be starting to have problems you might be able to catch it in time to be able to repack the bearings and just buy new seals. Seals where about $8 a piece bearings were $22.55 a piece.