Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

At the races...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At the races...

Once they are approved, I have some new pics of the drag-n at the tri-state championshihp race Saturday night at Spencer WV. There are also some pics of the wifes Z, my cousins CR686, Ken's (yamaha660R) CR686, and Rodney's 440ex.

The Drag-N done pretty well. I pulled a first in the 750cc class a 1st in the 770cc class and a couple of 3rds in the open and outlaw class.

The wife had a bad run and was knocked out of the 400 stock class, but won 2nd in the powder puff class on a friend of ours new 450.

Not 100% sure where everyone else ended up at, maybe Ken can update with some more info.

Later,
Mike

Old 07-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default At the races...

Can't wait to see them, and congrats on the results! Was that with the NOS or not?

Old 07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default At the races...

Wallstreet... Thanks!

The track at Spencer is VERY slick, and I uaually run about the same times or sometimes a tenth slower on NOS. The two 1st were without and the two 3rds were with. I just can't get the bike to hook up with NOS at that track. I usually go from running 4.8's off the bottle at Fairplane to 5.1 or 5.0 at Spencer. Basically the track would be if you went out back and spun the grass off the yard and then ran on it untill it looked like glass! LOL... But it was still fun though.

The NOS is great but I still have to get it set up right. Its kinda fun though everytime I shift the bikes back tires tries to pass up the front!

later,
Mike

Old 07-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default At the races...

Ok pics are up... If you ever talk with Ken (yamaha660r) be sure to let him know you seen my first pic.

He told me that when he won I had to get my picture taken with him holding my plaque, well as you can see I ended up holding the #1 and he ended up with the #3! LOL

Later,
Mike

Old 07-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default At the races...

Great job man ...keep it going.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default At the races...

My 3 would have been a 2 but I redlighted. I even went back up and lined up with Mike for the finals and then was informed I had redlighted with a .397(.400 is perfect light).

I finished 4th in the 750 class, behind Mike and two streetbike/atv contraptions. 686 ran good, but the redlights shot me in the @$$ everytime.

Rodney's 440 took a 3rd in the stock Raptor class, behind a buddies of mine's YFZ 450(in first) and another 440 in second.

It was a pretty good night, but the times got worse as the night went on with the slick track.

I see MIKE failed to mention who beat him in a practice run though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

LOL. I'll let Mike explain that one.

Old 07-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default At the races...

Ken got me on a practice run because I was trying new gearing and just about came to a dead stop and took back off LOL... Thats ok because when the going got serious the Trinity was out in front...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Notice that even Ken admits he would have had a 2nd instead of 3rd... He still knows the number 1 spot was mine ROTF...

The two crotch rocket contraptions is a 600cbr engine in a three wheeler frame and a 750gsxr engine in a quad frame... they are both fast!

The times did continue to get worse... I think my best of the night was a 5.0... The fastest time on the track that night was a 4.6 that was run by a 1000cc arctic cat snow mobile engine on a buggy frame. His times started to go down as the night went on as well...

Old 07-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default At the races...

Good job!

Is there a race up your way this weekend?

Old 07-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default At the races...

Not this weekend, there will be one on the 7th, and it will be at Larry's. Larry keeps his track tip top! It is a very nice place to run. His track is groomed and has sand mixed in with the dirt.

You need to come up... Ken is planning on being there as well. I don't know how far it would be for you, but you can punch in "Fairplane West Virginia" in map quest and see.

Later,
Mike

Old 07-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default At the races...

Why is you battery on the front of your quad?

Doh!! Just finished looking at your pics so now I know.

Quick Reply: At the races...