Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha is dropping the Ball....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yamaha is dropping the Ball....

Yamaha NEEDS more sport quads. Or they need to change the names. I think in a few years they should bring back the Warrior as a 400cc liquid cooled sport quad with a badass suspension. And make a YFZ trail. Same exact quad, just with reverse. A 250cc sport quad. Maybe even call it a Blaster. They just need something else besides raptors!!!!

Old 07-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the pro rider status.

I agree, the raptor is the most comfortable sport quad I have ever ridden. That's one of the things I fell in love with the most about it.

~HoundDog

Old 07-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

dont think the raptor has any competition.....maybe with the release of the new pred it will finally take away some sales from yamaha

but the #'s dont lie and the raptor has always had strong sales....so y change it.....

the pred hasnt had strong sales along with the ds650 and kawa 700.

once more peeps buy these other quads....will yamaha step up and make it better

bottom line...Yamaha needs to lose its sales...so it will become more competitive

Old 07-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HoundDog06
Congrats on the pro rider status.

I agree, the raptor is the most comfortable sport quad I have ever ridden. That's one of the things I fell in love with the most about it.

~HoundDog

You have a Baxa X in your group of riding buddy's, and you still think your Rappy is Comfortable??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] C'mon now...

Bigger.

Old 07-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, I hate the way that baja rides. It is way too tall and feels like a tank. But I am used to a raptor so what do you expect. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Were gonna be at Sahara for Labor Day. Care to give that horned beast a run? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

~HoundDog

Old 07-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] WHat can I say, you Rappy guys are your own breed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I dont know where I'll be for Labor day, Or if my DS will still have its original motor in it. If I still haven't started my project by then, I may go down to Sahara for a day or so. How many quad lenghts head start do you want?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bigger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

I'd better give you the head start. I don't want you whining about those horns weighing you down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

~HoundDog

Old 07-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

wow i find it amazing how nobody has respect for a company that has made 3 quads that are spanking in drags, kicking @$$ on the track and making others eat roost in the dunes...this is how i see it, yamaha is on top for sport quads but that doesnt mean i think there isnt better quads (i have mad respect for the vforce, ds650, pred) its just that every other company only has like 1 sport quad (polaris, kawi, suzuki,bombi) excluding the 400's...thats just HOW I SEE IT

Old 07-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

just think, if yamaha, and most quad manufacturers gave quads the same attention as there bikes our only worries would be being beat by the newer models, yamaha and honda usually make major frame/engine changes every 4 years, bolt ons every 2 years and new graphics EVERY YEAR! also they make trail and mx versions of some of there bikes, the yzf/wrf and the crf-r/crf-x, if they did that for quads there would be a lot of pleased costomers out there. they need to realize that there is just as big of a demand on quads now as dirtbikes and most people dont want 100% complete race ready motoX machines. JMO

Old 07-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

Polaris had to do something to the Predator. I mean Yamaha, Honda & Kawi kick it's *** in sales (at least in my area) they kick it's *** on the trail & the track too. I personally would never buy a Polaris, I just see them needing work all the time after the first season of use.

Quick Reply: Yamaha is dropping the Ball....