Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need a good Banshee Sand Dunning Engine....

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a good Banshee Sand Dunning Engine....

Check out www.passionracingengines.com. Jim has built 2 strokers for me and they do pretty good.

Keihin carbs all the way. 34PJ's will be best. 35PWK's have a major dead spot around 5000RPM due to their design, but they have more top. Jetting them is cake compared to mikunis. My race buddy picked up 7 HP with CPI's over T-5s on the dyno just by a pipe change. I run CPI's on my passion stroker.

PM me if you have any questions about Passion.

Old 08-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

how you going to build a 15k drag bike and not know what to build to go duning with?

Old 08-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

PORT and STROKE and nothing will hang but another ported shee. CPI's are great on a ported bike. FATTY'S are good on both but not as good as CPI on a ported engine. DONT 2 into 1 ANYTHING. LOW END IS FOR RIDING WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND you could buy one of those 400 things for that. I have heard great thing about passion too. Either way you go PORT PORT PORT. If you dont get a new crank get the stock one trued and welded cuz ya gonna need it!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
how you going to build a 15k drag bike and not know what to build to go duning with?
I was asking myself the same question.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys,

As far as those of you questioning my knowledge on bikes, you guys would be eating my [bleep] sand on the dunes with the bike I have already made. I was just asking for others opinions, not there judgments on my engine knowledge. Oh, and let me also say that non of your recommendations would even compare to the options I already had. Frankly, I'm disappointed in this forum standard. I thought that there might be better (or at least comparable stuff) out there, but you guys couldn't pull it off...

When you boys & girls are ready to go fast, go to KTPerformance.com

You know what ironic about this? I ended up telling you guys where to get a good engine for the sand... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

You know what ironic about this? I ended up telling you guys where to get a good engine for the sand...
Yup you sure did!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess my 825cc banshee that K&T built cant compare to your bike? Or what about my 500cc rotax xulw honda? Hmmm, what about my 510cc proto-type honda? You know its just hard to find a knowledgable guy around here....

I need a "gimme a break" emoticon here...

But i must admit you are the savoir to this forum for teling us about K&T. But if/since K&T is your builder why didnt you just talk to kim and ask him what to build.

Anytime you want to try and make me eat your sand you just send me a PM buddy. I'll take that challenge. Would you rather be beaten by a honda or a banshee? (i know, its a little embarassing to get beat by a honda...)

Old 08-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i know, im a jerk. Buts ok i just have a problem with expression [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Beware he is running a
D.I.D X-ring chain

Quick Reply: Need a good Banshee Sand Dunning Engine....