Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP ME PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2000 | 05:08 PM
|
Pro Rider

Alrighty, I have a 2000 Blaster with just a FMF PC II Silencer on it ( it was a gift ). I was racing my cousin yesterday and I heard a pop out of the pipe. Well now, it makes a slightly higher popping noise ( not unlike a 2 - stroke sound ) but, it is bothering me as to if something is wrong, whenever I crank it up, it idles and runs great, just like normal, but it makes a poppin. Should i worry?

Old 08-16-2000 | 05:21 PM
Range Rover

What did you rejet to?? does is sound like back fire? if it sounds like back fire you need to increase your main jet

Old 08-16-2000 | 05:32 PM
|
Pro Rider

Ok , i didnt rejet and here are my reasons, first it was just the silencer ( not the pipe ) plus, after i got it all installed, i took it to one of my friends house, his brother his a mechanic for the yamaha shop here, he ran it around for 20 min and then pulled the plug and it was perfect color. Its not a back fire sound, its almost like when you bust a glasspack on a truck, how it is just a lil louder with a slight more pop to it, and its not really all that noticable but I was riding when it happened so i noticed it immediately!

Old 08-16-2000 | 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Dont want to scare ya but.. sounds like what happened to my banshee. I was riding it, it got loud, sounded like the pipe fell off, no pinging or nocking, got off checked it out, looked fine, got back on started it up, it stalled, tried to start it again and it was siezed. Id definetly check it out before you get stuck rebuilding.

Old 08-16-2000 | 11:49 PM
|
Pro Rider

Ok I guess I should have added this, it isnt siezed and all cause i was on a trail when it happend a few miles from home, rode it home, no probs, didnt run hot or anything, i pulled the plug and everything the motor is running fine, somebody told me that silencers have a packing inside of them and that if that was broken or damaged it would affect the way it sounded but that it was nothing to really worry about.