Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

'89 Yamaha Breeze/reverse switch & carb Qs

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '89 Yamaha Breeze/reverse switch & carb Qs

The idle screw is obvious. the air/fuel screw is in a wierd spot where you adjust it from under the float bowl area. If you remove it, it looks like a long needle. What is the factory recommended setting for the air/fuel screw (how many turns out??) ?

When facing and looking at the idle screw, there is a Phillips head screw just left of it, and above it. What is this screw for? It doesn't seem like an adjustment screw. It seems to have a fiber washer.

REVERSE: when I push in my reverse switch, the engine cuts out and the neutral light stays on (so does the reverse light). If I unscrew the face where the wires connect to this switch, the quad runs fine but the reverse light stays on. If i just move the switch out of the way, the reverse light doesn't come on, as the switch isn't being pushed in. The switch looks pretty simple inside; a plunger and a couple of springs.There is a piece of copper on the plunger The side you unscrew has 2 copper contacts at the bottom, and no contacts when the plunger gets pushed up.

Sooooo, do I need the actual switch, or the wiring harness part with the contacts? OR, is there something else i can do?

Old 08-13-2004, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider

bum-ba-bumba-ba-ba-ba ...BOMP!

ANYONE??

Old 08-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

okay, maybe i'll have more luck if i bump it to prime-time!!

Old 08-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well crap.. that seems pretty unique hhmmm u ask the retards at the dealer??? and VERY nice idea with the way u load your quads did u make that platform???

Old 08-14-2004, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

ya, dealer only had a float level spec, knew nuthin about air/fuel screw. never asked them about reverse switch problem. most of the time i ask them anything, they say, "bring it in and we'll have a look"=translation= bring it in and we'll turn you upside down and shake whatever we can out of your pockets.

my Suzuki dealer is 100 times more helpful that way. too bad their atvs are higher repair/maintenance.

'76 Lincoln?? Mark IV ?? those were beauts. you can ram someone head-on with that bad boy and then just rinse 'em off. A CLASSIC!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

FINALLY, someone who appreciates my quad deck. I bought it as a snowmobile deck, then replaced the plywood with alum checkerplate, and then made the ramp with expanded alum grating, super grippy and lite. my wife and i can load/unload that rack from my truck.

your sig says XXxxsiCk660xxXX g/f is hot, but I can't find it. Is that the exact spelling? love the mud pic you have. we have mud ride we do up north, absolute blast. you end up covered head to toe, big mud hole after mud hole, for 4 hours round trip.

Old 08-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

wow... ok when i get my truck ima have to do that.. cuz u can then put stuff in underneeth it.. how do u secure it to the bed??? and our mud pits now are about 20MILLION times better tha nthe 1 in my pick.... 2 ft deep of PURE MUD(not water) that costs to much pure MUD ill upload the pic of my g/f on her quad after she got home the other night after she went muddin all day... and yes the MarkIV is a BEAST wanna buy it??? 1500.... if u want the list(long) of all the NEW (within last year of being put on) ill pm it to ya.. we r putting a new water pump on it now.. and u gotta figure out how to transport it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Trending Topics

Old 08-15-2004, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

there is a frame built under deck, it slides into box. yep, it does leave lots of storage down under. the whole thing, frame and deck, are one solid piece. i use camper belly bars to tie down to with chains and tubes that slide into the belly bars. basically, same way a camper does.

I'd love to get like a '64 suicide door Lincoln, but my wife thinks I'm crazy and would never go near it. women know nothing about classic cars. my bro had a mint/restored 64 1/2 Mustang Convertible. chicks could care less, but all the guys wanted to chat his ear off. In retrospect, if ya wanna attract babes, get a pink GMC tracker or Jeep, with Garfields, or winnie-the-pooh crap all over it. they'll be all over ya (that is if you survive the beating you'll get from the males).

thanks for the link, it was good eye-candy.

Old 08-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

there's 1 of those for sale about 20 miels form me.. it's blue great cond. looks to b no rust

Old 08-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

BUMP: did you ever figure it out???

Quick Reply: '89 Yamaha Breeze/reverse switch & carb Qs