Old 08-18-2000, 10:45 PM
FMF
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Dealer told me today the the Raptor is 10 MPH faster then the Banshee

Old 08-18-2000, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

who can we believe? Nobody says the same thing.
He might have got the 10mph in that the "knobby" guy from Japan who is the designer said that it would go 75 mph and the same man said that the Banshee would go 65 mph when they introduced it years ago.

I think with the right gearing, stock to stock, the Raptor could be at least that much faster on top.

Old 08-19-2000, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Yaaaawwwwwwnnnnn. Is it just me, or is everyone else tired of hearing about the raptor.. I guess it'll all pass when they come out.. and someone smokes one on his/her banshee.. then a DS beats it.. then it beats a banshee.. then a 250R.. then a DS.. I all depends on the RIDER!!

Old 08-19-2000, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

agreed, tired of talking, want to do some riding.

Old 08-19-2000, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

I agree this is a tired subject but I have to mention this: My dealer told me my Banshee would do 103 MPH. Yep, that's not a typo he said 103 MPH. I argued with him for 20 minutes. That schmuck at Ft. Collins Motorsports, named Guy probably never even rode an ATV in his whole life. 103 Mph... Oh don't I wish!

Old 08-19-2000, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer

I don't really get this so tell me if i'm wrong.
If you were going to race in a drag race i don't think that it really be the rider i mean going in a straight line and shifting. it couldn't really be that hard.
But like i said tell me if you don't agree.

Old 08-19-2000, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, drag races and top speeds have very little to do with rider skill. Now racing around a MX track or through woods is a different story. The reason there is so much drag race and top speed talk is that these things are easily quantified. The very fact that they are not dependent on rider skill is what makes these good benchmarks.

Trending Topics

Old 08-19-2000, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Regardless of if we talk ATVs or cars, reaction time in a drag race is the most crutial thing. The ability to anticipate the green light will win it for you. If you wait for the light to turn green...you probably will lose. Drag racing does take talent and skill. It take a different skill to drag race than to run a track. I have never drag raced an ATV. I have drag raced cars. If it's anything like cars, it really takes concentration, agility, and a real feel for the vehicle. The goal is always to keep it together to do it again. I seen a guy drag a nitrous injected & wildly stroke banshee. I heard the estimate to be well over 100 HP. To ride that crotch rocket effectively you better have some kind of skill. Remember folks, give credit where credit is due.

Old 08-20-2000, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Lanman, you are absolutely correct when referring to drag racing cars at a 1/4 mile strip. The thing is, every drag race I've done or seen involved a bunch of people lined up at the bottom of a sand dune or in a big field and they just all sort of go at the same time. No christmas trees or anything like that. Honestly, it takes very little skill to race in these conditions. And the guy with the 100 hp Banshee; well, he'd probably win no matter how bad he was.

Old 08-20-2000, 05:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Quick Reply: Raptor Top Speed