Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV's at the fair

Speedy2222 yall are lucky lol

Old 08-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV's at the fair

I went and watched the rodeo. I should have brought a quad.
It looked like fun...not well organized...but fun either way. They had a bunch of different classes...like two wheel drive under 300cc....4x4 over 300cc...woman...etc.

Basically a big obstacle course. They had to weave through some cones/flags....go around barrels...over staggered rail road ties...a couple of jumps and two mud holes.

Most of the turn out was things like wolverines and utilities. There were two or three banshees...one v-force, and a couple of raptors...

The sport quads were hitting the rail ties pretty hard...that did not look like fun. And if they missed a tie, they had a time penalty.

Everyone seemed to be having fun....there were many quads not running right...and almost every quad either died or bogged badly in the mud pits. One of the banshee riders flipped his quad pretty bad over backwards coming out of the pit. He was OK and they let him go again.

There were a big amount of inexperienced riders....but I think that made it fun...lots of two wheel action around the barrels. No bad crashes. I think I'll do it next year for the fun of it. The fair always attracts every red neck in the county...so the crowd was noisy and in to it big time. Plus...they had the mud pits right near the fence line so the crowd got drenched every time a rider went by.

The event went on most of the night.(I left at 11:00 and they were still going)...even through the rain. They needed to figure out a better way of lining the quads up for the next heats. They were calling out names over a loud speaker and it took what seemed like forever to get each class in line for their event. Seems to me they could have lined up the classes a bit ahead of time.

Sorry..no pictures. It was raining off and on and I payed too much to soak my new dv cam.