Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Helmet question...need answer fast

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet question...need answer fast

no luck finding Large..on eBay.........finding all the other sizes...and w/ the style i like i found a good price if they jus thad my size [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My fox helmet is really comfortable. Only problem. The day I got it the bolts holding the visor on fell out. Then the plastic thing up front that lets u adjust it broke. And the inside padding always falls out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...I wish I would have had better luck...oh well...nothing some new bolts and liquid nail cant fix. Mine is beat tho, but has save my life plenty times. The visor is bent. It is all scratched up The liquid nailed adjustment plastic piece thing breaks every once in a while. Oh well...It was one of the cheaper helmets and mine is surprisingly comfortable.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I have a bucket head and HJC XXL is the only brand that fits me well, I think its a 25. If you have a Rocky Mountain ATV catalog, they list out what each manufacturer defines as S thru XXL as a circumference measurement. The Fox XXL is way to small compared to HJC. The safest way to do this is go to an apparel shop that has a large selection and try on a few, then order it if they cant beat the price. The fit of a helmet is an important safety issue, I wouldnt buy anything I havent tried on.