Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Another bad atv accident !

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another bad atv accident !

My freind Tommy was in a bad atv accident, he lived in the tughill regon and was riding his trailboss and the throttle stuck on it and quad fliped and threw him about 15ft into a enbankment , he had a conusion, shattered elbow, torn tendons in his shoulder, and a shattered wrist, he is home and ther waitin for the swel.in to go down to operate on his shoulder. So their was nothin he could do about it from preventing it from happening. Any way just thought ya.l would like to know. TBGUY250

Old 08-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

that sux man .. too bad, pass on the best for a speedy recovery. Was the quad totalled or ok?

Old 08-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

i was in one yesterday i overshot a 40 foot double and it nosedived into the ground it threw me 20 foot and then my raptors handlebars crushed my helmet it has a big crack down the helmet now but im ok other than alotta scrapes and a wrist the size of a baseball and i did walk away from it and i drove it home if i wasnt wearing a helmet my friends watchin said id would be dead so it kinda makes me think about not wearing a helmet playing around in my field like i use to do

Old 08-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanx guys iam hopin he get better soon, idk about his quad tho

Old 08-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

here is another tragic story. my dads friends son was changing irragation pipe when his dad was at mettings in wyoming with my dad and me for a huge farm bureau deal and he crashed his quad coming back to his house after changing pipes and the quad crushed him. i am pretty sure it had to be a big utility quad to crush this kid he was a well built kid. it is a sad story

Old 08-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Range Rover

I had a similar incident with my YZ125 a few years back...throttle got stuck wide open and I ended up in a drainage ditch. Luckily I avoided serious injury but major pucker factor!

Old 08-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

The same thing happened to my XR 80. Except it was another person riding it. They fired it up and put it in gear and the throttle was stuck wide open. The bike went up a rock on the side of the trail and he got kicked off. The throttle cable was frayed thats why it got stuck open.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Crashin sucks, Gettin hurt is ever worse. You will notice on pretty much all quads at your left thumb a red switch. that will shut off the motor now use the brakes and navigate to a stop. hope the dude gets better. Main reason i nolonger ride MX bikes Is the sticky throttle. in sketchy situations wich always end badly. only one was a mechanical failure, the rest get the Locked up nuckles after riding really hard for a long time and get in the whoops with it pinned and cant let off the throttle and shoot off the berm at the end of the section. thumb throttles are safer. Be careful guys and keep breakin your bikes and buyin more parts and do your part to help the economy along [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

also besides the kill switch, if you have a clutch, use it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

some sad stories.. tbguy.. hope your friend is alright

Quick Reply: Another bad atv accident !