Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Kidney stones...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kidney stones...

Anyone ever had kidney stones.. ?? OUCH Im 18 and i have had 3 first one was when i first turned 17.. they say i started young.. But ill tell u this they hurt.. I am currently tring to pass one and i have a shot of something the doc gave me and 3 loratabs and i can still feel teh pain lol

Old 08-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kidney stones...

Had em a few times. I feel for ya man. Those suckers feel like someone is cutting you open from the inside out. I have been told more than once by a few doctors that larger ones (bb sized+) are the only thing that a man can experience that is equal to a woman in a natural childbirth's pain. My first one scared the heII out of me, I didnt know what was wrong with me, all I knew is all of a sudden I was in so much pain I could not stand up streight and was going in and out of conciousness at the DR.s office. The biggest problem was they needed a urine sample to test for blood to show it was a stone. I couldnt go. Then they told me that I couldnt have any pain meds till they got a sample. That did it!! I pushed so freakin hard I had burst blood vessels in my face just to get about teaspoon's worth. Soon after I got my meds I Felt the stone leave the kidney and zonked out for about 6 hours. I hate having to pee in those strainer cups too.

Havent had one for a while now, I quit drinking milk for the most part and drink a ton of water. I also drink atleast one big bottle of cranberry juice a week to keep trhe kideys flushed really well. I have absolutly zero desire to ever have one again. I got my first one when I was 20.

Old 08-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kidney stones...

Yeah The first time i felt pain i had no idea what it was i thought it was back pain or sumthing but i relized i couldnt get comfortable in any posistion.. i was on my way to school just about there and all the sudden throbbing pain that was constant near my kidneys.. felt like someon put it in a vice and kept tightening it so i started to head home im crying because the pain is so intense finally i get about half way home and i cant even concentrate on driving so i pulled off the road and got out of the car threw up and felt like i was dyeing.. after i threw up i still had the pain but didnt feel sick as much so i got all the way home and thinking a shower would feel better i had one of those.. pain was still there so i take some more iburprophen(i had about 8 in me already) and pain wont go away so i went to the clinic gave a urine sample they concluded that it was most likely a kidney stone.. SO they gave me some lortabs and set me up to have a cat scan the next day.... so i get the cat scan take it to the urologist and he shows me my stone.. it was a 1/4 of the way down and was stuck.. it was 5mm by 8mm one of the biggest stones he has seen and im the youngest patient he has ever seen with stones.. so we decide to have me keep popping lortabs for a couple days then i went in for lithotripsy so they could break up the stone with sound waves.... so they hook me up with ivs and what not drug me and break it up after 4,000 shocks it is finally broke up and i am able to pee it out.. so i go the next three months till today and now its back i gotta figure out what is causing mine.. THe stone is a calcium one so i dont know lol.. i also hate straining my pee lol

so drinking cranberry juice cleans it up good?

Old 08-25-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kidney stones...

Kidney Stones..yeeeoww! Worst pain I've ever experienced. First time I had one I didn't know what it was. It dropped me like a rock and I just started throwing up from the pain. The hospital gave me a shot of Demarol and I felt no pain after that. I finally caught it in a strainer and it looked like a BB with jagged points on it.
The second one was too big too pass so they had to operate to remove it. They ran a camera with pincers on the end of it right up through the old anaconda and snagged the stone. I never want another one that's for sure.
The freaking nurses at the hospital have no sympathy for a guy with stones. They tell you to quit whining cause it's just like a woman having a baby they say. They finally got ticked off and gave me some pain killers after I started throwing up in their hand wash sink.
No more soft drinks for me and lots of water. Cranberry juice does work great too. I prefer beer to keep myself flushed out though.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kidney stones...

im having a hard time trying to get mine to pass is there a secret?

Old 08-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kidney stones...

My dad had them, and I think we all felt the pain!

Old 08-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kidney stones...

I don't have kidney stones but I have PKD...Nothing near as worse as kidney stones. Just try to stay away from caffine and drink lots of juices.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kidney stones...

What causes kidney stones ?

Old 08-26-2004, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kidney stones...

im guessing soft drinks? idk i was ganna ask the same question, i hope its not that cuz i drink a lot of them

Old 08-26-2004, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kidney stones...

don't know the pain of a kidney stone.... but I honestly can't think of anything worse than a tooth ache.... I'm not talking the "owe... my tooth hurts..." I'm talking, the "I'm beating my head against a wall, punching myself in the face pain" trying anything and everything to take your mind off of it... type pain... There's nothing like putting holes in the wall w/ yer head cause it feels better than your tooth ache... I've had broken bones, and a torn ACL, and i can't think of anything more painful than that tooth ache... I've even stepped on a glass fruit jar that went thru my ankle and cut a tendon and a half..... and it still doesn't compair.....

i feel for ya...

Quick Reply: Kidney stones...