Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is it possible to make a 4 stroke atv ACT EXACTLY like the 2 stroke Banshee atv? How?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to make a 4 stroke atv ACT EXACTLY like the 2 stroke Banshee atv? How?

Originally posted by: maddog56
thats very true scrambler, but all it takes is a set of pipes to make a banshee faster than a yfz and a couple of piped ones too.
hah... my pred would beat my buddys shee's while it was stock... seriously...
and it WILL take more than just pipes to beat a yfz...
a shee might have that "outa no where pull" but the YFZ has that pull all the time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it possible to make a 4 stroke atv ACT EXACTLY like the 2 stroke Banshee atv? How?

Ok hozed, whatever you say man.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

me and many others [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
a modded shee is unstopable... but your average shee wont touch a yfz...

Old 09-02-2004, 12:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and nod

Old 09-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Keep reading dirt wheels hozed. Just dont place your bets on there information and other 450 owner's testamonies. Rode them seen them and there over hyped for sure. I'll race one any day. Most will lose. a few may win but there are 3x that many shees who will beat them.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

We will all see a flurry of Banshee hitting the streets real soon, there is nothing like the simplicity of a Banshee, the less parts the less there is to break. Having alot of top end speed is nice but I don't want to go any faster than the 94MPH I can do now, and something about having rear end tire spinning power in the trails makes for nice fast drifting/sliding turns in open trails that can get boring otherwise if I was just cruizing through them on a quad that didn't have the zip and couldn't rip it up around the turns like a 2 stroke can. JMO it makes riding at any speed fun!

Old 09-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Why would I want a 4 stroke that you have to put new pistons in every year or 2?

Why would I want a 4 stroke that has no torque and only top end?

Why would I want a 4 stroke that needs precise jetting otherwise you'll hot sieze it with any intake air leaks?

Nah, been there broke that. The predator and YFZ450 revs very very 2 stroke like, its hard to call these Thumper Torque machines, they rev very very fast, as Hozed has pointed out.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2004LEBANSHEE
I'll race one any day. Most will lose. a few may win but there are 3x that many shees who will beat them.
yours isnt exactly an "average shee" so yes... you probably would come on on top... my argument is that a piped shee will not beat a 450 until up top... thats it... i dont recall saying a 450 beats all shees... i actually said that a modded shee will beat a yfz... so plz read my post before you cry.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

You will never get a four stroke to act exactly as a banshee will but the new higher reving four stroke motors are getting much closer.I have a 690 raptor that as part of its build got a lightened flywheel and that makes it rev very much the same as a two stroke and it also has a midrange hit that you can feel that is similar to a two stroke but not exactly.

Old 09-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Having both a Banshee and a YFZ i know which one is faster. IF traction is not a factor the Banshee winns (Tar road). But when traction is a factor the YFZ will Pull out 2 to 4 lengthes on the shee in a short race. as soon as my banshee stops spinning it flys by the YFZ. I read what everyone had to say and i think it is a matter a opinion. Everyone knows that banshees have a hard time finding traction and mine is no exception. So i would say that YFZ are quicker in short race and Banshees are faster (Long race). MY Banshee tops out 10 mph faster then my YFZ. And the power bands are not even close to the same. The YFZ may rev just as fast but the power is very differnt.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to make a 4 stroke atv ACT EXACTLY like the 2 stroke Banshee atv? How?