Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Release Update -- Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I get it now...

They have beem advertising them here for a long time in the cycle trader, saying the same thing.... but what is ment is that they have some of there alotment raptors that don't have deposits down on them,...... not that they have them in stock... just still available to put a deposit down on one....

Old 08-23-2000, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just put my deposit down on a Black and White Raptor a couple of weeks ago. At that time the local dealer told me that I won't make it on the first or second shipment and November would be the earliest I can expect it... and maybe not until January.

I stopped by on Saturday (8/19)to see if they had any in yet and the dealer told me that they were still on the boat and that distribution wouldn't begin before the end of this week. He said that there are only 100 in the first batch, and his understanding is that each state gets two. He's not even going to get one of those.

I'm excited to get it, but I know I'm way down the list. I think you guys (and gals) who are first on the list have it worse than me because it's sooo close, and yet soooo far!

Good riding!

Waiting for B/W Raptor
'96 Scrambler w/modified clutch, pipe, etc..
'00 E-ton dxl 90

Old 08-23-2000, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

Today August 23rd I was contacted by my dealership who confirmed a appromimate delivery date of September 15th give or take a day or two. Ray Wilt in Pa. is a huge dealership and they are on the A list with Yamaha my dealer told me. The own ers son who is the manager gets the first one for the showroom. I put money down in May and was the first customer. Three are confirmed on the first shipment one black/white and two team blues. The manager Tim is taking a blue and I basically can choose which one I want I just can't decide which looks better they both kick a$$. I just can't stand the wait anymore. What color?

Old 08-23-2000, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Weibz if you get video before I do please email it to me, Im currently working my butt off on a site most of the format is up now I just have to finish my content. Any one else who has pictures of their own new raptors on arrival give me an email and ill slap them on the site. It is still running on the home server at this temporary link

http://www.cswnet.com/~lauramae/index.html

check it out, tell me what i need to add, ill work for a few more days before moving to a permanent server and then post new links.

Old 08-24-2000, 03:08 PM
Range Rover

Bash... GOOD NEWS woohoo.

I "FINALLY" got some useful info from my dealer. They didnt know squat , but today....they did.

Just got off the phone, and my Black and White Raptor will be there by the second week of Sept. (less than 3 weeks from now).

Here is their "confirmed" ship dates and colors.
(in Clarion PA)

This last week in August - 1 Blue Raptor.
Second week of Sept. - 2 Black and White, 1 Blue
Oct - 2 Blue , 1 White
Nov. All the rest ordered... 3 more B&Whites 2 more Blues.

This was confirmed...so I "will" have mine in no less than 3 weeks. Thank God Im first on the list for a B&W , and my wait is just about over. Some lucky fella will be drivin theirs out any day now this week. Wish I knew who it was...Id go see it. lol.

Later folks...hope this is good news for some of ya.

Old 08-24-2000, 04:17 PM
Banned

Hi Weibz,

That is good news. You have to let me know how you like your Raptor when you get it. My dealer told me by the end of the month, but he didn't confirm any dates yet. I assume that the dates would be similar to your dates since PA is fairly close to CT. I can hardly wait myself. Good luck with it when you get it!

IronBear

Old 08-24-2000, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

I don't know how much you can trust those dealers. Last year I put down a deposit on a 00 Banshee in June 99. I was first on the list for a Red and White one. I did not end up getting it until March of the following year. and the real kicker was that I just happened to be driving by and I saw it. I went into the dealership and the dealer told me that it had just came in that day. (yeah whatever). Now my friend is has a deposit down on a Raptor, and they told him that he gets the first blk and white one, and that it should be in by september. I told him not to get his hopes up. I dunno maybe my dealer just sucks.

Old 08-24-2000, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

I can't help but check this post several times a day looking for confirmation on when one hits the ground. My dealer says that they won't know a delivery date on mine until it arrives, but I get the first one. I really hope it comes in within the next week, but it may be sometime in Sept.

Old 08-24-2000, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

i was told about the 2-3 more week here i cant wait to ride it

Old 08-24-2000, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I talked to the dealer here in utah and he told me that there was going to be a shipment coming in this saturday, but they were not sure if the Raptor is going to be a part of that shipment. I hope so,
I am 6th in line so I am not getting mine quite yet, but I sure would like to see one in real life.

Quick Reply: Raptor Release Update -- Part II