Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

So what do y'all think it is?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2000, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i am crusin down the road on my Wolverine because the truck broke down. The reason i am crusin on the road is because we only had about 7-8 miles to go till we got the Deer lease and riding it was the only way it would have gotton there. So i am doing about 45-50mph on the road just crusin and i start to notice that after the second mile or so i start slowing down, and the wolverine is doing a slight jerking forward/backward motion like it wants keep going at the same speed but it cant, so rather than push my luck and have something else break down i just slow down to a speed that it didnt do that anymore which was about 30mph until we got to the lease. I know the speed because i was being followed by the other vehicle in our group. I was wondering has this happened to anyone else if so then what did y'all check as to why it did that (thought it might be the air filter but wasnt sure). Also what is the longest distance y'all have ridden and how fast were you going.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

2000 Wolverine stock

Old 08-22-2000, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

Id have it checked out, mabe it overheated, or split a ring or something..? Sounds like what happened before I broke my polaris, diddnt knock/ping or anything, just kind of bogged down. cooked the ring. it also rode quite a while before it actually blew. nice new machine, Id definetly have it checked out, could be nothing, could be something serious?

Old 08-22-2000, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Well, on my Warrior with a friend on my Blaster we rode about 45 miles total. Of that it was about 15 miles each way on 2 lane road at between 45 to 50 MPH as measured with GPS. There was about 15 miles total of dirt road that was about 30 MPH. So in a single high speed stretch we rode 15 miles at up to 50 MPH twice. On my Banshee I have done 65 MPH for at least 15 miles straight each way with some dirt roads in between.

Old 08-23-2000, 06:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be condensation in the float bowl; shut off the petcock and drain the car; add some "Dri-gas" or other fuel conditioner to the tank.

Tree Farmer

Old 08-26-2000, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer

my warrior did that too, it was about a 2 miles stretch and was flat out, im pretty sure i was just running the carb dry and starving for fuel cause it couldnt get it from the tank to the bowl fast enough.