Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2 part question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 part question

first i am new to this forum and 4 wheelers. used to ride 3 wheelers back in early 80's.
just got a 02 kodiak400, played some tonight and when i switched the 4wheel switch it would blink before it went out. but the last ride i did when i put it in my truck it stayed on . thinking maybe it has to roll a little before it goes out?? is this normal or am i doing something wrong. and the next part is HOW DO YOU CLEAN THIS PIG lol.. she did get muddy can i use presure wash at car wash and what should Not get wet when doing this any help would be great and thanks again, dont let the name fool ya. i like to race rcnitro 1/8 scale to..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2004, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default 2 part question

What's up? Welcome to the forums. First off, every atv manufacturer will tell you not to use a pressure washer on a 4 wheeler. But, it's very hard to get all the mud off, especially in the small cracks. I use one on it, but you have to know what parts you can only use low pressure and what parts you can whale on. The stickers will come off and it doesn't take much at all. It is an ATV, so it is meant to get wet, just don't get any in the airbox and try not to get it in the exhaust. Just go easy and take your time and it will be fine. Also, all 4 wheel drives that are 4 wheel optional are different. But, I know you must roll must of them forward or backwards to make them engage. Even for my raptor to engage into first when putting it in the back of my truck takes a roll or two. I think you're gonna be ok, just keep an eye on it.

Old 09-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default 2 part question

thanks man . didnt want the wife to get peeved ..lol when i say honey i need some parts.lol. i didnt realize how to do a search my kid showed me.lol. so i had just read a couple posts about it . and everyone had a differnet opinion. so i guess i will use garden hose with sprayer . man was that a blast ...forgot how much fun it was riding in the mud . i broke my neck a few yrs ago and had 2 operations on it so i have a metal plate in front and in back of my neck. so i cant do jumps like i used to but i can handle about 20 min. of riding and then take a break.. thanks again for responding to me