Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Slip On for Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Slip On for Raptor

What is the best Slip on Exhaust right now and how much of a increase will you have. What is the most reasonable price for a Slip on to. I want a good pipe for cheap. Can Anyone help. Thanks

Old 09-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

u wont get what u want out of just a slip on, and i can almost guarantee ull end up getting a full pipe afterwards

Old 09-06-2004, 04:22 AM
Pro Rider

It's really up to you. A lot of people on here will start with a slip on exhaust and they work great for trail rides and just having fun. If you get into serious racing, you'll probably end up getting a full exhaust before it's over with. But if you are pinching money now, don't even waste your time looking for a full exhaust kit, you'll cry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. But if you ask around, the white brother E-Series is one that is very common with raptors and has good gain for the money. I myself, are going to move up to the full Yoshi exhaust, so if you are interested in my slip on, just send me an email or PM me. Chevy181@aol.com. I've got a few digital cameras, so I can take some up close good pics for you. It is in great shape. As you can see in my photo page, I take very good care of my things.

Old 09-06-2004, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider

On the dyno, there is only 1HP difference between the stock exhaust without a baffle and a slip-on exhaust. I have tested 4 different slip-on's and the stock exhaust is so damn close, that I would rather save the money for a full pipe.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:11 AM
Pro Rider

we've seen good results with the white brothers e2 and the gytr. but ya GOTTA rejet! just adding a slipon may make it more responsive, but you wont realize what it can do without a jetting change.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

I was Planning On getting a Slip On Exhuast, Jet Kit to rejet, a K&N Filter Setup. So your telling me it wont be worth getting that. I could take my baffle out of my Stock Exhaust and have the same increase as that setup?????

Old 09-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, I tested 4 different slip-on and compared it to the stock (no baffle) exhaust. GYT-R was one of them. There was about 1HP difference. Some slip-on made less HP than the stock pipe. More noise, but that’s about it. I also tested two different raptors to prove this.

A slip-on gives more torque and HP in some areas, but I personally feel it is not worth the money. A well tuned stocker will outrun and outdrag a average slip-on exhaust raptor.

You have to modify the airbox lid. Get ride of the snorkel and cut two 1" holes into the lid. You can also cut the intake side of the lid, where the snorkel connect to. Cut the plastic open so that it does not form a "tube". The opening should flow air directly onto the air cleaner.

A K&N will add an extra HP compared to the stock foam filter. HP is not much more, but the K&N will add more HP and also keep the HP going for longer thru the RPM range. It helps a with acceleration and top speed and makes it feel much more powerful.

Keep the lid in place. The dyno showed no increase in power between the modified lid or running without the lid. The only time you will feel that the lid produce more power is if the jetting is wrong.

Jetting correctly is the key to get the right amount of power from the stock setup.

Like I said. Save up for a full pipe. A full pipe makes the big difference and is a much better purchase.

Get a Dynojet kit, follow the instructions to a T and your done. They work, every single time.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

Alright, what do you think I can get a Full Exhaust System, Jet kit, and K&N Filter Setup for and what do you think is a reasonable price would be.

Old 09-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at LRD Performance as they make a package that works perfect as a kit, and yes you will want the full exhaust. The kit is proven to work. It's my next purchase, the full exhaust, jet kit, and K&N filter has all been dyno tested to give you a nice gain. About $600.00 so wait and save.