Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

K&N/Dyno Jet Kit help

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 12:04 AM
V
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N/Dyno Jet Kit help

Okay, 170 main with a 48 pilot. I changed my clip on the ncvq to #4 and the fuel screw down to 1-1/2. I also took my baffle out. It ran like a scaled dog until I hit top end. It was hard to tell though, if it was my rev limiter causing the bogging I was getting. It was all from 3/4 to full throttle. I'll tackle that later, but the other mods made an incredible difference to the power from my quad!!! From what I have read, what I did will give me about 10hp.

fmf pipe (baffle out), air box lid off with pre filters in box. Add the air, add the fuel and you will go fast. I need to find a nice smooth track to test it properly.

Old 09-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Man, I know exactly what you are going through. I have a 04 Rap and I installed a K&N filter and filter lid and went by the instructions to a tee, but the jets that came with and that they said was right made it run like s^%$. It stumble all over itself and I adjusted the mixture to one end of the spectrum to the other and it didn't help, so I installed the Dyno Jet kit and followed it to a tee, and Whalla...it worked great with a little bit of adjustment. Pay close attention to the DJ instructions. The one thing I don't agree with is how it tells you to adjust it, because it said to take the screw all the way in and back out 3 turns, WRONG. I found the best way is trial and error. I took it all the way in and started with 1/4 turns until it ran awesome.

Old 09-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

the 3 turn method worked for me

Old 09-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've went down to the 155 DJ main, but it still bogs occasionally, but only at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. It rarely ever sputters at WOT. Even though this sounds like a needle pos. problem, I'll follow the DJ instructions and put a smaller main in. I have my screw at 1.5 turns out, I think thats what the directions told me.

I also installed a larger K&N with a bigger flange. No lid, no baffle (stock every thing else).