Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hey everyone, listen to this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey everyone, listen to this!

I feel like there is something you grizzly owners should be made aware of. Me and a guy I know both own 2002 Grizzlies. Since new, both of our wheelers have had the
sputtering problem really bad due to the steam issues. Just like the rest of you that have had the same problem, we got nowhere when we asked the dealerships to fix it. We both have had the new vented side panels and heat kits installed and it did not fix the problem.

This guy recently told me that he finally found THE solution to the steam problem (I thought it was BS). Anyway, there was a big ride the other day and we both went along. Sure enough, his grizzly did not sputter at all in the mud and water, even if he was in high range 4x4. It was freakin awsome. My machine kept doin the same same old sputtering crap when I tried to follow him. All he would tell me is that he changed something minor but he would not tell me exactly what he did to fix it. Maybe he wants to cash in on his idea or something (can't blame him).

He told me that he had called Yamaha, written them a letter, and also had a dealer call to inform them that there was definitely a solution to this common problem. What really disturbed me is that Yamaha has not made any attemp to contact this guy to see if he actually has something. Does'nt make much sense to me. I have called Yamaha and asked them about this and all I got is the runaround. I think maybe if enough people call and harass them, they will have no choice but to act on this. It's almost like Yamaha just doesn't care or somethin

If you'd like to have your Grizzly fixed as much as I would, call the b@st@rds and ask them about this!

Old 09-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would beat it out of your buddy, or whoever did the work. I'm not kidding either.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like Yamaha, reminds me of the original Rappy problems...*sigh*

Good luck gettin that fixed!

Old 09-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Why is he not sharing the idea? If he wasn't willing to tell you how he did it, then he shouldn't have even told you that he did it at all. I cannot understand him not helping you out.

Old 09-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Its called Capitolism. and the dude is prolly tryin to get a patent on his fix or some crap so he can sell it to fix all these other dudes grizzly's. If it was me thats what Id be doin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, Adam Smith.........Well then, he should have at least offered to fix homeboy's quad for a charge. I am sure he would have paid. Patents don't mean **** unless you can afford the lawyers to defend them. It is alot more profitable to make money now instead of thinking about.

Old 09-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

LOL. well yeah Homeboy how come you didnt ask him to fix yours up? or ask him what it would cost ya to have him do it.?

Old 09-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did ask the dude what he did to fix it, he said he wasn't gonna tell. He's waiting for Yamaha to get back with him first. I think the dude is some kind of competition freak and wants his unit to be better that everybody elses. So I guess I'll either have to beat the living p!ss out of this guy or else keep b!tchin at Yamaha so they will hurry up and do another recall. At least now I know that there is a sure way to make my Grizzly run like it should have been designed to do in the first place. This little problem is gonna get fixed one way or the other!

Old 09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: homeboy1
I did ask the dude what he did to fix it, he said he wasn't gonna tell. He's waiting for Yamaha to get back with him first. I think the dude is some kind of competition freak and wants his unit to be better that everybody elses. So I guess I'll either have to beat the living p!ss out of this guy or else keep b!tchin at Yamaha so they will hurry up and do another recall. At least now I know that there is a sure way to make my Grizzly run like it should have been designed to do in the first place. This little problem is gonna get fixed one way or the other!
Sounds like Sparks Racing..... LOL!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]