Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why did i get a Parking Violation??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did i get a Parking Violation??

Around here, if you leave any motor vehicle or camper on the street. With out a plate and update tags, you will get a parking ticket. Or a orange tow sticker that means just move it within 48 hrs. Or the cops will have it towed for you.

later

Old 09-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Did they say what the parking violation is? It would be interesting to see what the local code is.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you want to know what the ordinance is then just go down to the police station and ask or go to the public library and look it up. Looking at any other towns ordinances is a waste of time as every city has its own and no two will be the same or have the same numbers. You can also get parking tickets on private property in certain circumstances but the only way to know what to do is find out first what that ordinance is...........

Old 09-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

Cops can be such tards sometimes. I got reamed by our local Barney Fife gestapo recently when he saw my 2 year daughter driving her battery powered 4 wheeler through the grass in my 1 acre yard. He pulled into my driveway and started ranting about how she is too young or something. I politely told him to mind his own business and please get off of my property and walked away. I think he's fresh out of the academy and has some kind of power trip going.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

yea there's only ONE day cop now and he's straight outta the acadamy.. ima try to strike a deal with him so i can ride it on the road to my friends.

Old 09-16-2004, 11:27 PM
V
Trailblazer

Do you remember the new cop's name? I know a Kouts cop, but he's not a rookie. He's new to Kouts, but he's been doing the job a while. Odds are someone called to complain. If ya don't agree with the violation, take it to court. Tickets (violations) are just complaints...it just means that they feel you have committed a violation, you're not automatically guilty! Read what the ordinance says, then go from there. I know we don't realize it, but a lot of people just don't like ATVs of any sort. They will use any reason to call in a complaint on us, and since the squeaky wheel gets the greese, the cops have to take action or it's there asses on the line. So they do there job, or they get into trouble. What do you dod when you go to work? When the boss telss you to do something within your job description, do you tell him to get bent? What if a cop came into your place of employment and said " Don't do your job today" What would you think? We don't like it and I know it sounds like a cliche, but they are simply doing their jobs. Like I said, if it's a bad ticket, take it to court.

Old 09-17-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Speedy2222 do live close to evansville in if so private message me and were go ridin in the stripper pits

Old 09-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

no not really... lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i live at the complete other end of the state i live prolyl the same disctance from lake michigan as u live from the kentucky border but we have a nice cottage in bloomington and some pretty sweet trails to ride on... ok that's it when i get my license( next year in march) im comin down [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

o oand i KNOW noone's called in a complaint because i've been riding over there for well over a year now and people who HAVE complained have come to our house

Old 09-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
o oand i KNOW noone's called in a complaint because i've been riding over there for well over a year now and people who HAVE complained have come to our house
Can't seem to stay out of trouble huh?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Actually after two years of riding on my property nonetheless, I had a neighbor call the cops (never saying a word to me). Basically the cops came, told me basically they can't do anything because I didn't do anything wrong, and they left. Only came out because there was a complaint and they technically had to. Don't quite count out a neighbor complaining...though it's not totally likely

Quick Reply: Why did i get a Parking Violation??