Happy With My Yoshi

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy With My Yoshi

Got My Yoshimura Fiday right before leaving work stopped by my house grabbed my gear and headed to the ranch. Fed all the horses and Unloaded the rappy from my truck. Rolled it in the garage around 9pm and started takin her clothes off. Got her all naked pulled the airbox out and started cutting stuff with the dremel to fit the Pro flow K&N. Then i pulled the ol exhaust off and bolted up that yosh. she was lookin good. and then i realized it was 11pm i should sleep so i get up at 7 and start back in pullin the carbs off and stickin 25 pilots and 155/160 mains, decided i would try and leave t he neddles alone. I was frustrated cuz the carbs wouldnt go back into the boots so i figured out well maybe if you loosen the clamps a lil more, that didnt work so may i just take the clamps apart. popped right in. now i was on a roll about 25 minutes later i had the airbox, gas tank, rear plastic and battery in. Time to roll her outside and see what happens. push the start button and she wont start. im like what the hell.... Ohh yeah turn the gas on dumb @$$ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] shook the bike around pushed the button, Vroom, ba ba ba ba ba, So tight at an idle, Let it warm up a minute then blipped the throttle. Ohh that was cool watchin the pipe turn purple and gold. Just like the huskies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Well time for a test. Click, turn, Click reverse Vvroom, Man that reverse is scary fast without the rev limiter. anyhow i just kinda pressed into throttle nice and steady to feel for flat spots nuthin but smooth pull all the way up thrui the gears. so i figure i do some WOT runs up the pavement. Have to let off to steer. front end off the ground the whole time. well i best put the plastic back on the front so back to the garage. 5 minutes later i put on my boots and time to tack it on the track. Holy crap is sounds so sweet in the trees, Tight roar, its pretty loud but a solid sound. Seems to keep the front end a bit lighter rippin up the hills (more power?) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I rode around about an hour then parked it. went to the store cuz i wanted milk for my cereal came back changed the oil in my truck and back out agin this time about 1.5 hours. Hot dam I love it. No popping, no bogging, No flat spots. so how far back does the purple go?

Old 09-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

into the bend. then gold.

Old 09-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Well hell thats not what i wanted to hear. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] must mean im runnin a scotch on the lean side??? Mines blue past the First Heat Shield. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Ok so I bumped up to the biggest jets i have 165/170 now the plug us a light broze ( aww hell i dunno im color blind i just know it aint ash gray) I am almost thinkin it could take more fuel. wierd though no popping or hesitations anywherel, I almost killed myself thinkin i was in second on the asphalt and i was in first and yeah i punched it and almost went over [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Maybe i should have both hands on the handle bars? smokin can kill ya in more ways than one apperantly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of setup are you running? I have the DJ jets and needles, no airbox, and Eseries slip on exhaust. I haven't had time with work lately to start putting it together, but need an idea of where to start on jetting.

Thanks

Old 09-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

I just have a K&N proflow and i carved everything out of the airbox and snorkel and i cut out the sides of the lid left the flat surfaces and i have a full yoshimura TRS. I am am thinkin from my last post i still may need a lil more on the mains i was out riding between then and now and i need to figure out how to raise the needles maybe. i dunno it feels good but hell it felt good before and i was lean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]