Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

400ex redesign? What is wrong with honda?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004 | 04:31 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default 400ex redesign? What is wrong with honda?

Originally posted by: warrior226
You guys are missing the point...The manufacturer's are looking to sell to "JOHN Q PUBLIC" who don't read these forums..they want their lower models, i.e. raptor 350, and trx 400 to catch their eye. And they will, just like last week at Allegheny, the Rap 350 was the greatist thing on 4 wheels to it's new owner, but you and I know it's a warmed over warrior, but to the guy who bought it , you couldn't tell him different. Same with the new 400EX buyers.
These are the people who buy tons of quads who make the manufacture's a bunch of cash, and we sit back and bitch about what they did wrong.
I think we all know exactly what the point is, we just think their approach to it is stupid. IMO, they would really sell more bikes if they incorperated some originality into the designs. Make it look cool and people will buy it. They're just settling for "make it look like the other one that looks cool and people will buy it."

Jibrille, I totally agree, shee's look awesome. And to everybody who thinks they're ugly, at least they have personality. In a way I think its cool that yami hasn't redesigned them and even when average public opinion is that they're ugly, they're still selling them like hotcakes. They don't have to change it so you like it, you have either like it, or learn to like it. If you don't, go get a "pretty" bike.

And uber, don't give them any ideas man, it's bad enough out there as it is.

Old 09-13-2004 | 08:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Jibrille
Originally posted by: ItalianStallion
No slam...but to me the Banshee is the ugliest sport quad out there and Yamaha still sells the **** out of them. I like Shees..I just think they're ugly...
Oddly enough, I think th Banshee is one of the best looking sport quads if you hack the front fenders and ditch the heel guards. Call me weird, but I'd trade my Rappy for one.
If it wasn't such a specialized ride, I'd do the same with my Warrior (i.e. trade it for a banshee). People frequently call the Warrior and Banshee ugly. I like both of em. Ther are (to my mind anyway) two of the most distinctive looking quads on the market today. I personally love the way the Banshee looks, almost like a VW dune buggy with it's low, wide headlights and the big radiator up front ... it just has wicked character.

Old 09-13-2004 | 05:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

idk what made you people deside to buy your quads.. but i know what made me deside to buy mine.. a 7YEAR! WANTING Of a Warrior i have Wanted one of these since i was 7 i STILL remember my mom taking me to the yama dealership(same one i bought my warrior from last year) and sitting on quads and always wanting one and they always wanted me to get a DB but i always wanted a quad and then 7 years later i get something i love i love the looks(mostly) i just love this quad all around.....

Old 09-13-2004 | 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JohnnySplat
Just out of boredom I was looking at the honda website and I noticed that the 400ex now looks like a 450r. Yes, apparently they redesigned it so it looks almost exactly the same. I never really loved the look of the ex, but I just cant stand it when a manufacturer tries to make everything look the same. Yes that includes yamaha and their long list of raptors. The father/son kind of thing with like a 660 rap and a 50 or 80 rap is okay, but then they redesigned the warrior to the raptor 350. I personally hate the new look, but I give them a little more credit than honda because they didnt just take 660r plastics and throw them on the warrior, they did a little bit of design work. But honda obviously doesnt understand. I was just looking at the 450R the other day and thinking of how it really doesnt look half bad, it's starting to grow on me. Then they turn around and do this. They also redesigned the recon 250 to look like a rancher 400. Bombardier's pretty much all look the same, and so do Polaris'. Is there a lack of personnel in the design departments of these companies or are they just getting lazy?
this really irritates me too. the manufacturers should be avle to come up with cool new looks rather than just keeping on recycling the same ones. i think the 450r and raptor look pretty cool, but still, with 4 raptors and now the 400ex looking like the 450r, it gets a little old