Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Craycraft Cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craycraft Cam

Curious to know who out there is running the NEW cam and what the specs on it is? I'm considering it for my 690 drag racing. Also how much effect does the carb mod help? Thanks.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer
Default Craycraft Cam

Someone has to know something about these. Throw in a little insight.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Craycraft Cam

Dont have one yet but hopefully in about 3 weeks I can let you know....

But I do know there are a few on here that has them just cant come up with any names as of yet. I have the Sparks mid range cam and am swapping that out with the Craycraft one. More top end I see with the new one.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Craycraft Cam

not sure as well, there are a few people on here... I'm thinking ernie660r and dollarbillz and quite a few more... I would like one in the future as well... i'm running hte sparks high rev which is the x4 from megacyle

Old 09-13-2004, 04:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Craycraft Cam

I knew the specs but i have slept since then. I can tell you that there is no comparison between the sparks/mega cycle 280x4. The craycraft cam has power from bottom to top. The ones that i have been around are making power around 10,000 rpm. I have seen 2 identical craycraft quads with the sparks cam in one and the craycraft cam in the other. Race after race the sparks/mega cycle was behind. Switched riders and the results were the same. Around 400 feet the craycraft starting to really open up on the sparks/mega cam. I also rode them both and there is more low end on the craycraft cam and probably 1500 rpm's on top campared to the sparks. This was at kermitt 6 weeks ago. Dollarbillz was running the sparks for comparison reasons. Bob is annul about that kind of stuff. Test, test, test and test some more. lol As far as who is running the craycraft cam now? I know that ernie, dollarbills, crafty will admit it. There are between 6 to 12 more that have it, not sure if they want there names mentioned. RAP FAM DOES NOT HAVE IT.

There is a little drawback to the cam though, YOU HAVE to remove material from the head so the cam can revolve. You have to shorten the valve guides also. I do not expect Bob to give the specs out. Sparks will not tell and so on. You can figure it out though. You can get one in AZ next year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

A rappy making power to 10,000 rpm is the ticket to winning

Old 09-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Craycraft Cam

the cam work's but the only bike's i have seen it run in is 727 or bigger and i want to see it in a 686 to find out what kind of bottom end it would have on a small bore because i know it revs to the moon my 740 106mm tug boat piston is still pulling hard at 10,000 + rpms on just motor oh and this is on pump gas

Old 09-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Craycraft Cam

Originally posted by: 14mins
RAP FAM DOES NOT HAVE IT.

You can get one in AZ next year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
AZ next year??? huh[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Craycraft Cam

Rapfam- I figure some shop out there will copy it and make 5 more HP. They run a year behind us though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would like to see one in your trail duster[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] with a drag pipe and cdi of course. No need to add TI

Old 09-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Craycraft Cam

Sorry to change subjects, but 14mins, have u seen 28mins runnin around talkin shiz about ya?

Old 09-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Craycraft Cam

LOL, i have seen it. Through careful reading i have decided it is my friend from kerville ( rodsquads) I thought he was laughing to much on the phone last week. lol

Quick Reply: Craycraft Cam