Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Strongest axle, swing arm, a-arms possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strongest axle, swing arm, a-arms possible?

Hey guys i kno that going wider is the most improved thing that you can do to your quad... I want to go wider with an axle, swing arm maybe +2, and A-arms. and of course shocks.. If weight didn't matter at all and the price didn't affect much what are the strongest most affordable parts for a Raptor? You would think that wider a-arms would be easier to brake right? how bout the axle? or the swing arm. I do jumps and do all the crazy stuff that most guys do. I dont baby my quad all the time.. I like to ride HARD!!! I want the most durable stuff out there.. any reccomendations? Please include where i can purchase these products. Thanks in advance!!!!

Old 09-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know nothing about rappys, but for mx/xc racing or hard riding, you don't want an extended swing arm, because it will hurt your performance through jumps and whoops. The extended swingarm will also break easier from hard riding. Wider a-arms, they are the way to get wider(but you also need longer shocks), but you will also put more stress on your ball joints,etc......but a-arms have been done many times, I think this is a good idea. A longer axle is also good, but get a good one, that won't break, and will have a gaurentee on it. I have heard bad things about dura-blue axles before, but I don't have any complaints with them.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you think you have the budget for it, go for it.

RPM makes the strongest rear axle, and I would recommend their swingarms while you are at it. A +2 swinger on the raptor makes it easier to ride in every situation except on a flattrack.

There are many a arm options, and many shock options. I honestly dont know who makes the best a arms, so I wont say anything on them. You should get new shocks with this setup, and I would recommend tcs or axis if you want the best. Few grand easy there. You are talking about big bucks, like close to what a stock new raptor costs.

If you are on a budget, but want good parts, go with the lonestar axecaliber axle, triple rate elkas, and a good set of a arms. Lonestar are decent, but I have limited experience with these.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

I used to have a Durablue axle and it was great untill it broke. I bought it used not knowing that it didn't have a true lifetime warrenty. So the swing arm is out of the question here. Now would abyone reccomend the wheel spacers for fromt and back? I seems like an easier way and a lot cheaper way to widen your quad. What do you guys think about this idea? Will going wider affect your ride as much to realize it?

Old 09-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 09-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

For swing arms, I would recommend Tucker Pro Arms. They have a 5 year warranty, and they look sweet! They are also in the process of making a-arms. Here's a link for you. Tucker Pro Arms
If you call them and talk to Jeremy, tell him Lisa referred you.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Raptorboy4life
I used to have a Durablue axle and it was great untill it broke. I bought it used not knowing that it didn't have a true lifetime warrenty. So the swing arm is out of the question here. Now would abyone reccomend the wheel spacers for fromt and back? I seems like an easier way and a lot cheaper way to widen your quad. What do you guys think about this idea? Will going wider affect your ride as much to realize it?
I will be the first to say i think the durablue eliminator axle anyway is a piece of crap. I broke 2 and they told me the third would not be replaced and a couple weeks later i broke that one. So I ran an LSR Axcalibur and that thing has been bullet proof. With stood many of wheel bending frame breaking hits. wheel spacers no! if you ride hard you mess crap up. I wont do anything to my raptor but replace the shox with some zps or sompin to lower it other than that its pretty decent for all around riding. I'll put an axle on it but with the ITP T9 baja wheels the offset has me at the limits of our forrest trails. we have bridges that my nerfs pretty much rub on both sides while crossing.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

cowboy, If you brake your arms or bend em would you replace them with stock length or go wider? and if possible wat brands?

Old 09-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The durablue eliminators are junk, but the durablue x33 is a great piece of work. Stronger than all but the rpm, but lighter than everything else except for a drag axle. Its about 100 bucks more than the lonestar though.

Old 09-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

yep... yep

Quick Reply: Strongest axle, swing arm, a-arms possible?