Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YAMAHA KODIAK

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

im 14 just got a job at a atv repair shop and got a 2004 suzuki quadsport 250 and a honda recon and

my dads going to iraq and he wants to sell my quadsport and when he gets back in 2 years he wants to

buy a yamaha kodiak i say he should sell it now and buy a kodiak now so i wont get stuck in the mud in

the stripper pits behind my house

Old 09-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

I am sure the future is uncertain for your dad since he has to go to Iraq for such a long time. He is probably going to see a decrease in pay with going active duty. He may need to sell one of the quads to settle bills before he is deployed. I wouldn't recommend he buy the Kodiak since the next few years are unclear. I know you really want that quad and it is hard to wait. But considering the circumstances, be glad you have a quad at all. Don't push your dad on this, I am sure he is stressed out enough about other major decisions he has to make before he goes. Support you dad, he probably needs that more now than ever.

Good luck

Old 09-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

Here's just a thought. Maybe you should show more concern about your dad leaving for Iraq than buying a new quad before he leaves. What if your dad never comes back? He has to have a lot of concerns right now. First off, I'm sure he loves his family very much and does not want to leave for two years. He has to be concerned that he may not return. I know a few families that are having a hard time getting by without the main money maker at home. The military really doesn't pay too well. Being in the military is sometimes an extra job along with a main job. If they aren't working at the main job, they aren't making as much money. Money gets tighter.

Your dad might not be in the military. He may be working for a company in Iraq. You should still show some concern considering he'll be gone so long. It is a dangerous place to be for 2 years. Try to be considerate of your dad and at least "act" like you love him and will miss him. If he doesn't make it back, you will be able to live with yourself a little easier in the long run.

Now, you need to put yourself in your dads shoes. Why does he want to sell the quad right now? Does or will your family need the money from the sale of the quad? It really doesn't matter who's money bought the quad. You should be more than willing to help your family if need be. Think about all the things your father has bought you in your short life. Food, clothes, shoes, etc.... These are just a few things for you to think about.

If you really want to push the issue. Try to choose your words carefully and think about everything your going to say before you say it. It wouldn't hurt to tell your dad that you're worried about him and you love him. Tell him that you're are concerned about waiting two years and is there any way to buy something earlier. Maybe even keep your current quad until he's able to purchase another quad at a later date. If you "act" grown up, he will be more likely to consider what you want. He will also feel better about leaving his family fatherless for two years. Don't be a jerk. You will feel like crap later.

I realize that it's hard to control your emotions as a teenager. I had plenty of fights with my parents. This is not the time to fight with your dad about anything. This is a very sad time in both of your lives.

Myself, I would not want to put a lot of money into a Kodiak just to leave for two years. It may be worn out or beat up before he gets back. He would not be able to enjoy it himself or actually take care of it from Iraq. There could be warranty issues right from the start. That would just make one more thing for him to worry about.

Your best bet may be to keep your quad. Maybe you could agree to sell it and put the money away. Then you could save up the rest of the money and then buy the Kodiak yourself. You used your own money for the first quad. You can do it again for the Kodiak.

Remember that there is no item on Gods green & blue planet that is more important than your Dad. You have the rest of your life ahead of you to buy anything you want. You cannot buy another dad. Be nice to him.

Old 09-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

Boy you need to sack up and quit being so self absorbed. Your daddy is defending all that is right with this world and get yourself a JOB and earn yourself a ride just like a lot of kids before you inluding me who worked at three farms at the age of 13 to 15 to buyn a 200X and a 250r
A

Old 09-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

Quit beating the kid up. He said he has a job and he bought his own quad. Hey kid buck up and spend some time with your dad before he goes, give him a kiss and a hug tell him to go kick some A$$ then enjoy what you have.

Old 09-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

guys my dad isnt going because he hasto he volunteered and hes already served in vietnam and he has a wife and a kid oh and hes 62 years old and he volunteeres

Old 09-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

Old 09-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Range Rover
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

Even if your dad is volunteering, he could still get hurt or worse// you just got a new quad and your complaining already// if you want another quad, buy the kodiak yourself// im 15 and i bought my big bear and payed for part of my dads grizzly// stop worrying more about a stupid quad than your dad// you should rethink things and spend more time with your dad.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

HELLO????? Its not that i dont worry about him im scaried have to death that he'll come back but i bought that quad with my own money took me 1 year to get and he didnt pay a dime and hes selling it when its not even his i dont even want a kodiak but he does so he sells my quad explain that

Old 09-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Range Rover
Default YAMAHA KODIAK

It sux that hes selling your quad but Stuff happens//

Quick Reply: YAMAHA KODIAK