Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Summer injury report

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summer injury report

Just curious how many people biffed it this summer and what they did. I just recently gave a not so friendly tree a rub taking a turn at about 25mph or so. The results: one broken scaphoid in the wrist, but still rode two days with it broken using a tie down above my elbow to pull the clutch, lol. I've recently been on two trips afterwards riding with the cast on (I can pull the clutch in normally now). Doc's gonna love it when he sees my cast turned black from all the dust, lol.

Old 09-18-2004, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

No injuries this summer! Ive been riding hard too. I flipped at the dunes a couple of times but it was always going slow. Friend of mine was trying to show off his new banshee and passed REAL close to my truck where I was standing and his left front tire caught the hitch..he flew 5 ft infront of his quad and cut open his left arm with the e-brake lock. When he hit, the quad just stopped and he look funny as hell flying over the handlebars and smashing his brand new FOX helmet onto the pavement.

Old 09-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Trailblazer

4TH gear to the hilt, sharper turn than i thought chasing down a yz250. broken frame in two places, crushed bottom frame tube, broken elka triple rate, creased itp baja rim, broken lower +2" a arm, and one slightly twisted ankle. truly a testament wearing proper protection.

Old 09-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

didn't actually crash, but got bit by a brown recluse spider while i was riding.

Old 09-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

spiders scare the crap out of me when they have names like that and look all scary

Old 09-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spider bite from a Brown Recluse?!? DAMN those things are nasty.

I sprained my right ankle when I lost it on a really steep "hump" that was rounded off at the top. I didn't see through the weeds that the right side of the hump was gone so I just gassed it and jumped off the back. Rolled the quad on it's side and kept riding for the day.

Then like three weeks later I was testing the limits of human stupidity. I just started out riding and I was wide open in 4th gear going up a long steep hill when my quad started to bog. Then it hit me that THE GAS WAS OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a maroon I am sometimes................

So needless to say it cut out in the middle of the hill and in about two seconds I was going backwards with the front wheels locked. So I cut the wheels and jumped off the high-side. I didn't actually fall and the quad just came to a stop, but when I jumped off I landed in some rocks and re-twisted my SAME FRIGGIN ANKLE......and I bruised the bone on my heel. Bone bruises take like 6-18 months to fully heel they say so that will be nagging me for LIFE now.

And of course last week I was moving a shed and twisted the SAME ANKLE AGAIN!!!!! So I've had a sore ankle ALL SUMMER............ More bothersome than anything else, it hasn't kept me off the trails so I'm lucky IMO.

Old 09-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

why was the gas off? were you just transporting it or sumthin?

Old 09-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Badshee98
didn't actually crash, but got bit by a brown recluse spider while i was riding.
So what happend to you , those are one of the worst spiders in u.s.a. So what did the bite look like, usaully with a brown recluse doctors have to remove the tissue were the spider bite is. They have that kind of venom that detreates tissue.

Old 09-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

i hope these spiders dont lvie by me in ny or any one for that matter

Old 09-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

i was riding and a wasp stung me in the chest at a sand pit but that is the worst so far

Quick Reply: Summer injury report