Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LRD or Toomey for blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 01:12 AM
Rem
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LRD or Toomey for blaster?

i bought a DG pipe and silencer on ebay for like 40 bux, off a 99 blaster, my blaster is a 94. my friend says that since my blaster only has like 55 hours on it, the stock pipes will do better than the DGs i just bought. Anyways, i think im going to clean up the DGs and sell them for more on Ebay, then get an LRD or Toomey system, i hear those are the best. What do you think i should go with, or should i just keep DGs and get a b/o kit, reed spacer, and power reeds. i have a K&N that im gonna install once my cylinder gets back from the shop too, i intend on jetting with the lid off.

also, you know that metal mounting thing for the exhaust? the one on the stock? do i need to remove it from my stock pipe via cutting it? and then welding it together once it is on the DG? or is there some mounting thing on the DG as well?

Thanks, -Rem

Old 09-23-2004, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

look at the CPI pipe for the blaster....they are awesome! its a high rev pipe.... so if you trail ride and want mid range go toomey!

Old 09-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

you shouldn't be sutting or welding anything when installing a new pipe.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

You might check out the Project Blaster Phantom Pipe. Just got mine and all I can say is WOW!!

Old 09-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer

Yea - the PB Phantom pipe is bloody good
I've got one with no other mods except a #180 main jet and it goes much harder now !!
Get one .

Old 09-23-2004, 07:05 PM
MTX
Pro Rider

I had a B1 Toomey on my blaster (when I had it) and it screamed. Toomey is an excellent company.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Range Rover

The Toomey B-1 kit is in my opinion the best pipe made for the blaster. They add alot more power to the blaster, and you have got to love the sound, almost reminds me of a banshee with pipes.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

umm, do you think i should sell my DG pipes? i got them like 3 hours ago, i pressure washed them and got the carbon crap off, but i neeed to take the pipes into my "auto" class and sand blast them, do you think i should sell and look for some toomeys on ebay?

i can barely afford the boring out that i had to pay for today-which was $226, so i need some cheap pipes, would used be okay? the ones i got were in horrbile condition.........................

also, if i stick with the dg's, there is a broken off bracket(which i think i need to make a new one and then weld...... q(-_-)-------Q(x_x))
and theres no spring on my DG's , do i just go buy one, and do i need to get a thing like a gasket or something?

plz help!!!!1

Old 09-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

please tell me you did not pay $226 to have your blaster bored to the next size.

The DG pipes ar ok, not the best on the market........but better then stock.

Old 09-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

yes i did pay that much..... why?? was that not a good price? it came with pistonkit and gaskets for top end. does that make it a good price?

Quick Reply: LRD or Toomey for blaster?