Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine vibes coming throguh handlebars and seat

Any ideas to what causes this?? btw it's on my warrior

Old 09-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Rem
Pro Rider
Default Engine vibes coming through handlebars and seat

does this happen when the quad is on??? if so, i have no idea......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
but if it happens when it is off, then you have a squirrel that crawled through your muffler, into your headpipe and into your cylinder(if the piston was at the bottom of the stroke) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
check your motor mounts

Old 09-24-2004, 02:14 AM
Rem
Pro Rider

im guessing that the piston is moving up and down some how- you might have to sieze it up really good so the vibration will stop.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

dude grow up.... i get the vibes throguh the bars when im cruisin and when i accelerate it coems throguh the seat and bars

Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not trying be smart when i say this but its a yamaha, mostly all of yamaha's have the vibrations all the threw the handlebars
. Thats the only thing that discourges me from getting one.

Old 09-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Does the engine still run smooth...no problems there?

If everything is in check operation wise...start looking at anywhere there is metal touching the frame...maybe the pipe got bent and is hitting. A fastener is loose somewhere. Loose motor mounts.

Is there a skid plate on it? they transfer noise like crazy if not padded.

Old 09-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

The motor is mounted directly to the frame so you will get vibes. Put silicone in the handle bars, buy 2 tubes and pump in as much as you can on both sides. It made a big difference to me.

Old 09-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: Speedy2222
check your motor mounts
In particular Check the motor mount unter the tank. I broke those motormounts more times than i can count. and when they break it shakes a bit more. and if the one on the bottom in the front is loose it will rattle your teeth out

Old 09-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Guys this is obviously a condition that has just recently started occuring. Hes had this quad for a while and is just now noticing this being an issue(if I'm reading it correctly). If it were "Just a yamaha", or just "the motor mounted solid to the frame". These would be pre-existing issues and wouldn't have "suddenly" caused a problem..... I agree w/ some though. Check your motor mounts and make sure none are broken. In a worst case scenario you maybe getting ready to freeze a crank bearing, or something has come out of balance... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Engine vibes coming through handlebars and seat