Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yfz 450 vs. predator

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz 450 vs. predator

Dirtwheels........lol......that is just how you feel, and that is fine with me.........

H......no I won't make it, I don't have any motor mods yet.....mine is more setup for mx or xc.......Have you seen Doug's pred run before though?? If you go, tell us what you think of it this time(that is if he even goes).......

Old 10-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope ernie gets his pred running fast because there are only two fast preds in the country right now. And brad racer is kind enough to remind us of doug and daryl everyday, sometimes hourly.

I value ernie's opinions and his insight, so I cant wait to hear more of it when he starts playing with the pred.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

maddog.....I'm sick of hearing it from you......I don't just say this stuff out of the blue........don't read it if you don't like it....

There are many more fast preds than just 2....doug has built quite a few of them........Also check out Dragpredator's pred.......

Old 10-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well maybe if more than one major race shop decided to build these things we'd hear about a lot more of them. You are basically thier entire advertising campaign.

Either the pred is still waiting around to be discovered by major race shops or the shops have already decided that the pred isnt worth it.

For the sake of the sport let's hope its the former and not the latter.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

i just want to know why you cant talk about your supper fast pred. in the polaris forums ?????
this forum is in the yamaha section an i dont think your going to prove anything to us.
i like polaris they are good bikes i have several freinds with them but you want to
compair apples to oranges . i dont like bench racing so unless you can prove
somthing else to me take your polaris thread to the polaris forum

and bradracer you have some ideas and i hope they work out im looking forward
to meeting you and evan hope someday we can line them up.we race for fun and thats
about it sometimes we race for bragging rights but we have more fun hanging out

Old 10-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yfz.........First off, let me apologize about the uproars and rambling. I like to discuss and hear everyones opinion on this crap. I hope that someday we can meet up too. We like to race a lot too....not even for bragging rights anymore, but to help the next guy get faster, and to continue getting faster and faster bit by bit. Making a quad fast is so fun. I know you are a good guy, I have talked to someone on here who knows you.....they said you were pretty fast, so I'm sure you would spank me(as of now).......so no problems there. Someday maybe we can meet up and go riding and you can take a spin on my pred or something........yfz....where are you from anyways?? Are you from the South(I think so....).....If so, we are all(from Iowa a bunch of my friends and their dads) are going to little sahara in Feb sometime, maybe you'll be game by that time.......If not, no hard feelings......

Maddog.....I realize that.....and hopefully they will keep comming, I hope. Also depends on what you call a major race shop(Doug Nicholas, Rath Racing, HPD, and Falcion(or however you spell that).....I'm sure there are more too....) Hopefully even some of the yamaha boys can make something of the pred someday!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18

Maddog.....I realize that.....and hopefully they will keep comming, I hope. Also depends on what you call a major race shop(Doug Nicholas, Rath Racing, HPD, and Falcion(or however you spell that).....I'm sure there are more too....) Hopefully even some of the yamaha boys can make something of the pred someday!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Rath was involved in the pred design and is paid to run the pred. He is not known for his engine building either.

HPD basically only works with polaris upgrades and therefore is not a major engine builder. You kind of have to work on more than one type of atv.

Falicon was contracted by rath and his polaris backers to create parts for the polaris. They did not simply decided to start designing and testing pred engines.

I wait in anticipation of the day that I see a pred and worry about what he might have for motor. Until then you have to search far and wide for one that ignites fear in most racers.

Old 10-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

So although Falcion, Rath, and HPD are supported by Polaris, this doesn't make them fast?? I would also imagine that Doug had done plenty of work on the pred to be "feared"........by most anyways.......His pred is starting to make some serious progress......so is his engine building(I can't wait to see what comes by next spring while he is trapped in his shop all winter....lol)

Maddog......this is my last post on here, so don't reply with anything that I need to reply with.........but just as a thought.....what do you think about Ernie having a pred?? I think he thinks a lot about the pred, and he's trying to make it fast now(without getting into the motor)......He is a very good builder himself. Now I'm not saying he wouldn't take his rappy in a hearbeat or anything, just wondering about what you think about him having one?? I also don't want any trash talking done to Ernie, he is a great guy who has helped me out with tons of homework........just using him as an example and a reference. Hopefully he can also make something of the pred, that would be a sight to see too!!!! It would be really cool if he could make his pred beat his rappy(I doubt this though).......

Anyways, thanks for the info guys.......until the next arguement(lol).....I'm signing off of this one.

Old 10-14-2004, 02:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You kind of missed the point but I really dont think you care much about getting it.

And I'm not sure what you are trying to get at about ernie's pred, but I think it best if you keep your mouth shut on that one, at least to me.

Old 10-14-2004, 05:56 AM
Pro Rider

I just wish I was riding my quad right now... instead of sitting in this sand trap...

Quick Reply: yfz 450 vs. predator