Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yfz 450 vs. predator

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz 450 vs. predator

Originally posted by: Rider1169
our good friend has a 03 predator with new razor 2 tires, and a HMF slip-on exhaust. it is the biggest POS ever built. we were out trail riding, and we switched up quads. the pred wouldnt wheelie no matter what you did in the dirt and grass and sand. it handles like its absolutely worthless. id rather a blaster than that thing. in a drag, its only good on road and only top-end. my friends z smokes it unteil he tops out, thats with his full Bill ballence and pro-design filter and 12tooth front sprocket. jumping-its such a freaking pig, its so gross in the air, the susension is decent i guess, but its so hard to get up to speed on that POS. hopefully for 05 they made it worth something with the new changes. sure its fast topend stock, but everything else is worthless on those quads.
if you cant wheelie a pred then you must suck. 2 of my friends have preds and ive seen them wheelie in pretty much any gear, if you dont weigh a whole lot i suggest putting your foot on the back grab bar and putting your weight on it. maybe the reason you think they suck is because you dont have enough skill to ride one, ive seen both of my friends beat a raptor 660and a trx stock for stock.

Old 09-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

my point about them not being able to wheelie off road is there terrible hook up retard. on road anyone can wheelie anything. if only it hooked up it would be a decent quad.

Old 09-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

with equal wieght riders my pred has not lost against a crapter or a equaly modded yfz. let me proove my point go to dumont on holloween. and call me out! look at my pics so you know who to look for. enough said!

Old 09-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rider1169
my point about them not being able to wheelie off road is there terrible hook up retard. on road anyone can wheelie anything. if only it hooked up it would be a decent quad.
rofl... boy shut ur mouth... u dunno ****... and u never will...
the pred was designed to not lift the front end... until 04 when they changed a few things due to the complaints. now it will wheelie when you want it to.
it handles 1000X better than a raptor... and everyone knows that... how can wider and lower not handle better than narrow and tippy? common sense bud.
as far a Z beating it until top? no, i am sorry... once again you are wrong. you need to open your eyes beyond your group of riding buddies...

Old 09-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: mudsicness
we went to a drag last night. 57 quads, evweything TrX's, YFZ's, Raptor's, you name it it was there. Out of all those bikes no one was runnin stock. In the final race all that was left was two '04 Predators so dont run your mouth till you have seen it.
I'm callin bullsh!t on this one...

Old 09-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RappyTheRooster
we went to a drag last night. 57 quads, evweything TrX's, YFZ's, Raptor's, you name it it was there. Out of all those bikes no one was runnin stock. In the final race all that was left was two '04 Predators so dont run your mouth till you have seen it.
I'm callin bullsh!t on this one...

lol, ya never know...

Old 09-26-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

from what ive seen, in the dunes uphill, the YFZ TEARS the pred up by about 10 lengths by the finish

Old 09-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Doesnt even make sense considering this is a thread about stock vs. stock and the fact that two modded preds were left standing dont mean crap..considering the preds could of had 2k of mods in it vs. a slip on piped raptor...soo im sticking to the fact that a raptor beats a pred and the yzf beats both

Old 09-27-2004, 06:58 AM
Range Rover

Was this a heads up racing or bracket racing.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These response are typical yamaha attitude BS. THey are always in yamaha tunnel vision or something. You guys check out the suspension on those preds nice, the one guy who was in that mx race could of not known how to drive it. Who ever said they cant wheelie is wrong, i raced one about a month ago and thats all he was doing.ON DIRT TO. If i were to believe any of these storys it would be about the one at the drags. You Yamaha guys need to get your head out of your a$$, its annoying just to read some of these threads of just complete machine bashery, over a simple question. Especailly when half you guys havent even ridden one. So why dont some of yamaha guys who show no respect but your panties on and go ride the best ever built quads...RIIIIIIIIIGHT.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: yfz 450 vs. predator