ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Big Bear 2x4 or Wolverine???????? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/174041-big-bear-2x4-wolverine.html)

BigBeezy 09-28-2004 09:17 PM

Big Bear 2x4 or Wolverine????????

i have a 03 4x4 bigbear and i dont regret buying it at all// my cousin has a wolverine and it also is a great machine.
i would say wolverine because of the 4x4 but a 4x4 big bear is better in the mud and much better for working. the wolveine is faster so its more fun in the trails and both quads could be used for hunting// first gear is pretty low but not hard to shift// the bigbear4x4 and wolverine 4x4 are the same price and with your needs i would get the bigbear 4x4, but i rarely use my 4x4 so i would say save the money, buy the bigbear 2wd and get a small winch

eja 09-28-2004 09:30 PM

When you need 4x4 alot of times is when your in reverse. If you try to back up a hill in 2 wheel you just spin. In 4x4 your coming back.

MrDumass 09-28-2004 11:19 PM

Ahhh. Good point!

MrDumass 09-28-2004 11:24 PM

Originally posted by: Raptor350Rider
also, how is the big bear cheaper? they are both listed 5,199. ALso, this they get rid of the big bear 2x4?
The big bear is a brand new 03-04. At $4050. The Wolvy is a 04-05 at $5075 both out the door prices quoted by the dealer verbaly. I might have a little leverage to work with on the big bear since its model they need to move.

LMF 09-29-2004 02:11 AM

I have had great luck with my wolverine.

UGLY88 09-29-2004 01:46 PM

Sounds like you already want the BigBear, you just want somebody to say get it?

I would not get the Big bear 2x4 to play in mud which is what you said you would be doing some of. If you need more Utility get the Big Bear, however If you want 4x4 and sporty ride while haveing some utility get the Wolverine. I got my Wolverine because it was going to be my only machine for a while. I have some land with my dad where we hunt and I can haul deer out and haul fire wood, yet on other weekends I can go riding with my buddies who have a 300ex and a Z400. I do not have cv guards on mine or a 424, yet I can slide around corners most of the time even though it is hard some times. I beleive the Big Bear is constant 4x4 as well is it not? Also even if you get the 2x4 Big Bear and a small winch I do not think you will be carving up trails at any kind of speed, it would make a nice trail machine if you do not want to go very fast. Just some food for thought.

MrDumass 09-29-2004 01:59 PM

Naw- I dont really want to get the big bear... I was just thinking about the cash difference. The big bear I looked at was a 2x4 only. I also saw one that had 2x4 and 4x4 puch button switch on the handle bars. Dont want that one...too heavy..and slow.. I was also thinking that the big bear 2x4 with pipe/jet/filter, might be able to hit 55mph. I know an 02 2x4 big bear will run neck and neck with a 450 foreman at about 50 mph topped out. Let me know what you guys think! Dont get me wrong here I would much rather have the Wolvy- if the performance is worth the extra cash. Ultimatley it comes down to what I will use it for and what I want, I know.... I just wanted to get some very much needed opinions from you guys....

Madwolverine 09-29-2004 02:16 PM

I've always liked the big bear. However, I would only want it in 4x4. The wolv is a great machine. I bought it because of the all aroung package and price. (I paid 4800 plus tax). If you don't really need 4x4 but you want some utility there are some other choices. Maybe a 350 rancher 4x2. I'm sure it will haul pretty good if you add a filter and pipe. I think you can get a 2x4 rancher for under 4K. Save your money and get what you really want, otherwise you will regret it.

MrDumass 09-29-2004 02:27 PM

I really would like the Wolverine... I just had to see what eveyone thought. Thanks so much for the input....

yamihoo 09-29-2004 02:57 PM

yes the Big bear comes with 2/4 wd, one advantage.

but, I would take the wolvy cuz I ride more than work.