Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

nerf bars that fit a raptor with PRM chassis skid plate

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nerf bars that fit a raptor with PRM chassis skid plate

I have a 05 raptor with a .190 PRM chassis skid plate. I just got in a set of Tusk nerf bars and they don't fit due to the large wings on the skid plate. I could cut a groove in the skid plate to allow access to the front motor mounts, but I think that would be counter productive for the protection provided by the skid plate. I was wondering if anyone has a PRM skid plate on a raptor with nerf bars. If so, let me know so I will know which brand will fit without any modification. I looked at a few pics of the DG Fat nerfs and it appears that they extend out past the wings and attach to the front of the engine frame bars but I want some actual verification from someone first before I buy a set. I guess I will call DG to make sure they will fit if no one can help me here. thanks

Old 10-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nerf bars that fit a raptor with PRM chassis skid plate

I have an 04 Raptor and had the same problem, yep break out the hacksaw as no nerfs will work with this skid. Also if you plan on replacing the front bumper you will want to cut away the front flap that goes up to the front stock bumper as no bumper will work without this modification. PRM makes good products but they just worry about being compatible with stock compatibility and not additional aftermaket accessories added.