Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to jump.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to jump.

I am planning on ordering nerf bars after I was attempting to jump last time I went riding on my raptor, almost broke my ankle when my foot slipped off the pegs. But my question is what is the proper way to get to a take off, take off, in air, and landing when doing a jump. Something small since I have never done it before.

Thanks,

MIke.

Old 10-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default How to jump.

You want to be as calm and relaxed as you can. If buying nerf bars makes you more confident get them. They can save you a lot of damage. I reccomend nerf bars for any quad that doesn't race. If you go with nerfs get DG nerf bars.. they arre the best ones out there!!!! Now, jumping is easy if you have the practice. first you should learn from begining to end such as start small then progress big practice a lot and dont be scarred. practice jumping a tabletop and when your great at it dig out the middle then build it bigger and all over again make it bigger!!!. keep your weight back land on the back wheels and it should be nice and calm. Dont jerk the quad to make it fly level--just lean back and ride off the jump and throw your body into the air when you jump!!!! good luck and get them nerfs

Old 10-12-2004, 01:06 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!
Default How to jump.

Close your eyes, fourth gear pinned, It'll sort itself out, hopefully.

Old 10-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default How to jump.

keep your legs tense and *** at least an inch or so off the seat

Old 10-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default How to jump.

give er he11 and hang on.......thats how you jump.

Old 10-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default How to jump.

to learn its best to keep it in first or second...approach the ramp standing up...right before you get to the ramp let go of gas or have it half way..then right when your front tires hit the ramp keep standing and punch it...should have a nice straight take off and landing

Old 10-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default How to jump.

Originally posted by: Gwinnwarrior
give er he11 and hang on.......thats how you jump.
thats how you smash your quad and break your body... but i agree that is a method of jumping, the landing might not be very smooth though...

Old 10-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default How to jump.

best way is to go over the jump a few times slow to get to know it then jet lean up, preload it, and sail, use the brakes if nessacary.

Old 10-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Range Rover
Default How to jump.

When doing the jump you have to commit to it.(Very Important) Stay on the throttle until your rear tires leave the ground. Keep yourself loose but straight with the bike, standing with your knees slightly bent. When landing allow the bike to ubsorb the impact but brace yourself so you don't hit the handle bars. Work your way up to bigger jumps. Don't ride past your limits..

Old 10-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default How to jump.

When you're in the air applying brakes will make the front drop. Throttle in the air will raise the front.

G.

Quick Reply: How to jump.